Joining the CA
You can join the CA as an individual member or as a club.
Individual CA Membership
Joining the Croquet Association as a full individual member gives the following key benefits:
- First and most importantly, you get the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping to put something back into the game you enjoy
- You will receive The Croquet Gazette, a magazine which comes out 6 times per year, and helps to keep you in touch with what is happening in the croquet world
- You will receive discount vouchers for use in purchasing croquet goods from the CA online shop, including books, mallets and croquet sets
- You will be entitled to attend any of the CA coaching courses that are available
- If you join as a tournament member, you will receive details of the tournaments which take place around the country, and will be entitled to enter those appropriate
to your playing standard
- You will have access to the CA awards scheme
- You will be eligible for selection by the CA for selection events and team events to represent the CA
Membership Categories and Subscription Rates
Tournament Member Introductory Rate
New tournament members pay an introductory rate of £13.50 for single and £21 for dual membership in their first year.
In the second year the rate is two-thirds of the full rate prevailing at that time. The full rate applies from the third year of membership.
This introductory rate applies only if payment is made by Direct Debit and is for a standard single or dual tournament subscription; it does not apply to non-tournament or overseas membership.
Direct Debits cannot be set-up online - download the Direct Debit and Membership forms and post them to the CA Office.
New membership taken out after 1 August is valid until 31 December in the following year in all categories.
- A £5 discount is available for most membership categories when paying by
direct debit - download and complete the Membership and Direct Debit forms.
- Dual membership may be used by any two people living at the same address,
and gives all the benefits of single membership except that only one copy
of The Croquet Gazette and (for tournament members) one copy of the fixtures book
will be provided.
- The junior rate of subscription applies to those who are under age 21 or
in full time continuing education to first degree level on 1 January of the membership year.
- For overseas members, the overseas rate applies for those normally resident outside of England,
Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man; online payment is accepted
but it is only possible to pay by direct debit from a UK bank account.
- Membership started after 1st August is valid until the end of the following year.
See also the
Subscriptions and Levy
section in the Fixtures Book.
Only Tournament Members of the Croquet Association may
play in CA Calendar Fixtures in England & Wales. The only exceptions
are those shown in Tournament Regulation P1(a)(2).
For more details, please contact the CA office.
© 2000-2008 The Croquet Association - www.croquet.org.uk