Golf Croquet is a game with a long history and a recent resurgence of interest at all levels. Compared with Association Croquet it has simpler rules and is more interactive (each turn is just a single stroke), but it requires a similar level of accuracy and tactical awareness. For croquet-related games that you can play in your garden, see the Garden Croquet section.
Golf Croquet players follow a course contesting each hoop in turn; as soon as one hoop is scored all players move on to contest the next - a simple idea that leads to rich tactical thinking.
For more detailed information about Golf Croquet, please explore this section.
Golf Croquet tournaments are listed in the tournaments section of the site.
How to Play
- The synopsis gives an overview of the game
- The Basic Rules of Golf Croquet are all you need to get started in a club
- For full tournament play The Rules of Golf Croquet are definitive
- Advantage Play is an alternative to Handicap Play using extra strokes, both of which allow players with different abilities to play more competitive games
- 10-10 Golf Croquet has been developed for one-day tournaments
Golf Croquet Terms/Jargon lets you catch up on the lingo and terms used in match reports.
Latest Golf Croquet News and Results
- 14th Feb: Golf Croquet Championship Series Entries (GC)
- 21st Dec 2023: Brush up on GC Rules over the winter (GC)
- 14th Dec 2023: Availability now open for Women's European GC Singles Championship (GC)
- 13th Dec 2023: Availability now open for European GC Singles (GC)
- 1st Dec 2023: Availability for England v Spain 2024 is now open (GC)