National Croquet Day (NCD) - A National Drive to Help Your Club
National Croquet Day - 12th May 2019 - will soon be here
'Think You Know Croquet? Think Again!'
It's the start of 2019, it's cold and wet - what better time to plan for NCD 2019!
This year's theme is "Think you know croquet? Think again!'. It gives the opportunity for clubs to challenge existing and potential members to experience a new aspect of croquet - be it joining a club, entering a club competition, representing the club in a fixture, entering one of the many tournaments in the Fixtures Book, or watching some top-class croquet in-person or online. This summer sees the WCF Simon Carter Golf Croquet World Championship being held in Southwick, along with the U21 GC World Championships in Nottingham just before - a perfect opportunity to get out and spectate!
NCD is organised by the CA Marketing Committee, project lead Brian Wilson - 07970 922867, brian#europaassociates.co.uk. 'If I cannot help you - I know someone who can."
We are finalising the publicity material for 2019. All material will be available on the CA website, and the CA will have hard copies available to send to clubs.
If your club cannot run a NCD event on 12th May - some clubs have other events scheduled on that day - do not despair! Choose a date close to the 12th; It will be possible to adapt the soft-copy of the publicity material - just let us know.
Clubs use NCD in differing ways - to attract new members or to raise your club's local profile. Whatever you are doing, the CA is here to help and support you.
Some ideas for NCD:
- Open Days - taster sessions,
- Involve local sports and other community groups, or youth groups (make it a challenge),
- Choose to support a local or national charity (they sometimes can introduce a celebrity to brighten your day and to attract the local press).
- Use social media to get your message to a wider audience by asking your members to share the event with friends and family,
- Include home-made refreshments!
- Involve as many members of your clubs as possible, especially newer or less active members - they have some interesting ideas and you could get them involved.
Join the NCD conversation nationwide:
See what other clubs are up to, or share details of your event. See the #proj-ncd2019 channel at https://ukcroquet.slack.com (contact Eugene etychang#gmail.com for a sign-up link) or visit the Regional Fed Forum https://cafedforum.nottingham-lists.org.uk
Here's to NCD 2019 - thanks in advance to everyone involved.