Fixtures Calendar Event Preparation Stages
To make clear its state of readiness, the published details of each Fixtures Calendar entry go through a series of steps from inception through to publication. This is managed by assigning each fixture a status to indicate the step it has reached on the path. At each step, the status determines whether the system allows a club's Entries Secretary (or Director for CA-Organised events) to modify the details directly online, and whether entries are being accepted for events in TES.
Each stage has an associated colour, which is used in listings to alert users when an item is still in a draft stage. The lifecycle of stages is illustrated in the table below:
|Status||Colour||Icon Name||Description||Editable?||Draft?||Available Online?||In FxBk?||Cancelled?||Visible?|
|Preliminary||10||Just created. Editor checks if the fixture is going ahead (or not) and on which dates. If the event is not going ahead, decide whether the event should appear for decision in the following year (Choose 'Not This Year') or be deleted for ever (Choose 'Delete For Ever').||-1||-1||0||0||0||-1|
|Draft||20||Fixture will take place on the dates shown, but is not finalised and is subject to change. Editors review their fixtures in the context of all other fixtures, getting other people in the club to check the dates, details and prices, along with ensuring that there are no clashes with neighbouring clubs or national fixtures.||-1||-1||0||0||0||-1|
|Confirmed||30||Editor is ready for the fixture to be published. CA Administrator checks consistency and conformance.||0||-1||0||-1||0||-1|
|Reviewed||40||CA Administrator has checked the fixture: it is ready for publication.||0||-1||0||-1||0||-1|
|Published||50||All details confirmed: Available for entry.||0||0||-1||-1||0||-1|
|Cancelled||60||The fixture is listed as Cancelled (shown crossed-out) and cannot be entered - withdrawals can be processed. It will be copied to create next year's calendar.||0||0||0||-1||-1||-1|
|Hidden||80||The fixture will not take place, is not listed, and is not available for users to view but will be copied to create next year's calendar.||0||0||0||0||-1||0|
|Deleted||90||The fixture will not take place, is not listed, and is not available for users to view. It will not be copied into the next calendar and all details relating to it will be permanently removed.||0||0||0||0||-1||0|
The attributes (right-hand columns) for each status are:
- Editable? by Club TS/Director. Fixtures can be edited by the club's Entries Secretary or FxBk Contact (unless CA-Organised). CA-Organised fixtures can be edited by the Tournament Director.
- Draft? Not finalised. Controls whether viewers are alerted that the fixture is subject to change without notice.
- Available Online? If online-entry/selection. Fixtures are open for entry in TES and/or Availability (if set as 'Online Entry'/'By Selection').
- In FxBk? Download for printing. Fixtures are downloaded to compatible applications ready to process for printing.
- Cancelled? Not available but listed. Fixtures display, but are crossed out.
- Visible? Available to non-admins. Controls whether only CA Fixtures Calendar Admin (not including clubs) can see them. Such fixtures are place-holders and not strictly part of the current calendar. They will be copied afresh into the next year.
Fixtures editors see these transitions as action buttons displayed next to the fixture's status indicator in each Fixture's details display. They carry out the defined status change whether or not the fixture's preparation status permits the organising club's Entries Secretary (or Director for CA-Organised fixtures) to edit the details directly.
If a fixture moves into a stage marked as is Cancelled and has active entries via TES, the operator is directed to withdraw the entries, inviting players to donate their fees to the club.
|This Stage||Transition Name||Go To Stage||Admin Only||Sort Order|
|Preliminary||Confirm as Draft||Draft||0||10|
|Not This Year||Hidden||0||20|
|Delete For Ever||Deleted||0||30|
|Revert to Preliminary||Preliminary||0||20|
|Revert To Draft||Draft||-1||20|
|Revert to Confirmed||Confirmed||-1||20|
|Hidden||Revert to Preliminary||Preliminary||-1||10|
The columns in the above table have the following meanings:
- This Stage Stage button appears in. The button appears whenever a fixture is in this stage.
- Transition Name Legend on action button.
- Go To Stage Defines the status assigned when the button is clicked.
- Admin Only Who can action this transition. The button only appears for the CA Fixtures Calendar Administrator. Club representatives and Tournament Directors do not see the button.
- Sort Order If more than one button appears, this defines the order left-to-right.