For this tournament
- Competitors, who need not be Associates or even members of a Member Club, must arrange to play in the preliminary stages at their own venue. A competitor may play in only one group.
- PLEASE NOTE: There is now no minimum handicap restriction - handicap 0 to 12.
- Club Secretaries / Group Organisers must notify the Secretary of the CA by the allocation date that they are entering their Club / Group for the competition, together with the number of entries and the appropriate entry fees (see above). Cheques should be made payable to The Croquet Association.
- Matches at the first stage will be 13-point handicap games played under the current handicap system and Laws of Golf Croquet as published by the Croquet Association. Players who do not have a CA handicap must arrange with their local club for a handicap to be issued in accordance with the CA guidelines.
- Competitors must have their handicap cards available for inspection by the Manager at any area or national final.
- Preliminary heats may be arranged in any way convenient to the Club/Group. They must be completed and the names of those going forward to the Area Finals notified to the Director (as above) by 1 July 2012 giving full details, including handicaps & email addresses.
- Clubs / Groups with 4 to 7 competitors will be entitled to have one representative in the Area Finals, 8 to 11 competitors two representatives, 12 to 15 competitors three representatives and 16 to 19 four representatives.
- A Group must have an entry of no fewer than four competitors to be eligible, but if a club cannot enter a minimum of 4 players, it may be possible to join another group. Please contact the Director for advice on this.
- Area Finals: These will take place on dates to be arranged in August and notified to participating clubs in June at the latest. Please note that players reaching finals will play off a maximum handicap of 10.
- Play will commence at 9.30am.