For this tournament
- Competitors, who need not be Individual Associates of the CA or members of a CA Member Club, must arrange to play in a preliminary competition at a CA Member Club. A competitor may not play in more than one preliminary competition.
- There is no handicap restriction but no competitor may play off a handicap greater than 20.
- A Member Club must notify the CA Office of its intention to hold a preliminary competition by 7 March 2014. This should be confirmed by 31 May stating the number of competitors in the preliminary competition and enclosing the appropriate entry fees.
- The Area and National Finals will be played to full bisque handicap base 10 but the organising club may alter this ruling for its preliminary competition. In any match, each competitor must play off their current CA handicap (or club handicap if not an Individual Tournament Associate).
- Subject to the General Rules above a preliminary competition may be carried out in any way convenient to the organising club. It must be completed and the names of those going forward to the Area Final notified to the relevant Area Manager by 9 August. A preliminary competition must have an entry of not less than four competitors. Clubs with preliminary competitions of 4 to 8 competitors will be entitled to have one representative in the Area Final, 9 to 16 competitors two representatives, 17 to 24 competitors three representatives, 25 to 32 competitors four representatives, 33 to 40 competitors five representatives and 41 or above, six representatives. The number qualifying for the Area Final will be determined by the number who actually play in the preliminary competition and not by the number who enter it.
Players who are not members of any club or players who are members of clubs not holding a preliminary competition, wishing to play in a preliminary competition, should contact the director by 7 March 2014.
- Qualifiers from preliminary competitions will be allocated to an Area Final and will be expected to play both days of the weekend 30-31 August 2014. The number of Area Finals will depend on the overall number of entries. Area Finals for 2014 will be held at the following croquet clubs: Surbiton, Pendle & Craven, Edgbaston and Camerton & Peasedown. Club organisers should ensure that substitutes are available should any qualifier become unavailable for the Area Final. The format of the each Area Final will be a Swiss or American block tournament with a time limit at the manager's discretion. Managers of Area Finals should notify the results to the Director within two days and should ensure that those qualifying are available to play in the Final. Any qualifier who becomes unavailable for the Final should notify the Director immediately.
- These are available at the discretion of the host club.
- Clubs may add an additional charge for their own funds.