For this tournament
- Players must arrange to play in the preliminary heats at their own venue. A competitor may only play in one group.
- A Cheque payable to The Croquet Association for the total amount due should be sent along with the names of the contestants to the Director of the competition.
- Entry is by group (recommended size 6, but a minimum size is 4). Any club may enter more than one group but a player may play in one group only.
- Early entries are appreciated, but none will be accepted after the closing date.
- Format: Played as a series of club events, followed by the National Final. Each group will organise its own preliminary heats in any way convenient to the Club/Group. Courts may be half-size at this stage. Depending on the overall national entry, a number of players will go forward to the National Final, where full-size courts will be used. If the total number of entries is sufficient Area Rounds will be arranged.
- 31 May 2018: Closing Date for entry.
- 31 July 2018: Last date for completion of club rounds.
- 9 September 2018: National Final Bath.
- Basic Rules:
- Matches are played under the Rules of Golf Croquet as published by the Croquet Association.
- Players who do not have a CA handicap must arrange with a local club for a handicap to be issued in accordance with the CA guidelines.
- Each game is 13-point level-play singles (i.e. no extra turns).
- Games will have a time limit of 50 minutes, except the final.
- Full rules and regulations will be provided on acceptance of entry. Please do not play before receiving the rules from the Manager.
- Eligibility: Open to anyone who has a CA Golf Croquet handicap of 8 or above. Any player who has won the National Final, or has played in the National Final on two occasions, is not eligible and should consider entering The 'B' Series.