||CA Office (For this fixture only)
The Croquet Association, Old Bath Road, Cheltenham, GL53 7DF caoffice#croquet.org.uk Tel. 01242 242318
||Entries accepted in receipt order; Closing: 31 May 2018
||Post an Entry Form.
||The Tournament Conditions apply to all listed fixtures unless otherwise stated.
See also the Introduction to the Fixtures Book.
For this tournament
- Fees: £6 for individuals; £1 for Premium Members. Members must arrange to play in the preliminary heats at their own venue. A competitor may only play in one group.
- A Cheque payable to The Croquet Association for the total amount due should be sent along with the names of the contestants to the Director of the competition.
- Entry is by group (recommended size 6 but a minimum size is 4). Any club may enter more than one group but a player may play in one group only.
- Early entries are appreciated, but none are accepted after the closing date.
- Format: Played as a series of club events, followed by the National Final. Each group will organise its own preliminary heats in any way convenient to the Club/Group. (Courts may be half-size at this stage). Depending on the overall national entry, a number of players will go forward to the National Final (where full Size Courts will be used). If the total number of entries is sufficient Area Rounds will be arranged.
- 31 May 2018: Closing Date for entry.
- 31 July 2018: Last date for completion of club rounds.
- 9 September 2018: National Final Bath.
- Matches will be 13-point level play games played under the Laws of Golf Croquet as published by the Croquet Association. Players who do not have a CA handicap must arrange with their local club for a handicap to be issued in accordance with the CA guidelines.
- Each game will be 13-point level singles (i.e. without handicaps) at each stage.
- Games will have a time limit of 50 minutes except the final.
- Full rules and regulations will be provided on acceptance of entry. Please do not play before receiving the rules from the Manager.
- Eligibility: Open to anyone who has a CA Golf Croquet handicap of 8 or above. Any player who has won the National Final or played in the National Final on two occasions is NOT eligible and should consider entering The 'B' Series.