||Suppressed - the event happened a while ago, please contact the CA Office for details
||Entries accepted in receipt order; Closing: 16 May 2018
||Post an Entry Form.
All events at this club
- If you would like more information on any course, please visit our website or contact the SWCA Secretary, Maureen Smith, email: enquiries#southwestcroquetacademy.co.uk;
- Telephone 0782 145 8447 for SWCA direct contact; alternatively you may leave a message on 01395 442548 which is an answerphone only in the Clubhouse.
- To enrol on a course, please use the online entry system on our website. This provides a shopping basket with secure payment arrangements using a debit or credit card via PayPal and details for cheque payment.
- Morning and afternoon tea and coffee will be available each day, but please bring your own packed lunch.
- Refunds will only be available for cancellations at least 14 days prior to the course start date. Refunds may be available after that date if your place on the course can be filled. An administration fee of £7.50 will be deducted from all refunds.
For this course
- Short Croquet (SC) is enjoying an explosion of interest in the South West. A single week in October at Budleigh last year saw 80 players competing in Federation teams and 24 contesting a two day singles competition.
- Games are quick and dynamic - no Aunt Emma tactics here! There are fresh challenges for all AC players, from the high handicappers who will have many bisques and look to finish in two turns, to the A class player needing to make compulsory peels in unfamiliar situations. It's also a great route into AC for a GC player as it rewards straight hitting.
- This is the first Short Croquet course at the Academy and the precise content will be adapted to the entrants. We assume a fair level of AC competence with the indicative handicap range of 16-. Higher handicap players should consider our AC courses first. The focus here will be on the specific skills and strategy of Short Croquet.
- Our lead coach, Stephen Custance-Baker, has a telling qualification for this course: his SC handicap is much better than even his AC handicap would lead one to expect! He's analysed this game deeply and identified winning strategies. Come and share them!