||Suppressed - the event happened a while ago, please contact the CA Office for details
||Entries accepted in receipt order; Closing: 18 Apr 2018
||Post an Entry Form.
All events at this club
- If you would like more information on any course, please visit our website or contact the SWCA Secretary, Maureen Smith, email: enquiries#southwestcroquetacademy.co.uk;
- Telephone 0782 145 8447 for SWCA direct contact; alternatively you may leave a message on 01395 442548 which is an answerphone only in the Clubhouse.
- To enrol on a course, please use the online entry system on our website. This provides a shopping basket with secure payment arrangements using a debit or credit card via PayPal and details for cheque payment.
- Morning and afternoon tea and coffee will be available each day, but please bring your own packed lunch.
- Refunds will only be available for cancellations at least 14 days prior to the course start date. Refunds may be available after that date if your place on the course can be filled. An administration fee of £7.50 will be deducted from all refunds.
For this course
- You have been playing AC for at least a year, and your handicap is 18-24. At this stage you know the basics, but your shots are inconsistent and the balls frequently don't go where you want them to! Too often simple hoops are blobbed and 'dead cert' roquets are inexplicably missed! As for breaks, they don't come easily, and you regularly breakdown without scoring many hoops. If only you could get those bisques to work for you! But how do you set up breaks and keep them going?
- We have all been there! But here is an opportunity to significantly improve your game by learning to play croquet the 'Easy Way', which simply means focusing on the few key factors that can dramatically improve your shot making and hoop scoring by setting up and running 4 ball breaks.
- The course is run over 2 separate days to give you time to practice what you learn on Day 1 (25 April - shot skills & the 4 ball break) before going on to further enhance your skills and tactics on Day 2 of the course (20 May - tactics for building & maintaining breaks). Each day is fairly intensive, but there is a comprehensive reference pack and practice guide to help you after the course.
- Although the 2 days are complementary, you may book on only 1 of the 2 days if you wish. There is a discount for those attending both days.