For this tournament
- Competitors, who need not be Individual Members of the CA, must arrange to play in a preliminary competition. No-one may play in more than one preliminary event.
- PLEASE NOTE: there is now no maximum handicap.
- A Member Club must notify the CA Office of its intention to hold a preliminary competition by the Allocation Date. This should be confirmed by the Closing Date, stating the number of competitors in the preliminary competition and enclosing the appropriate entry fees.
- The Area and National Finals will be played to full-bisque handicap base 10, but the organising club may alter this ruling for its preliminary competition.
- Subject to the General Rules above, a preliminary competition may be carried out in any way convenient to the organising club. It must be completed, and the names of those going forward to the Area Final notified to the Tournament Director, by 7 August.
- A preliminary competition must have an entry of four or more competitors, and one player may go forward to the Area Final for every four competitors that actually play in the preliminary competition, up to a maximum of four players per host club.
Players who are not members of any club, or players who are members of clubs not holding a preliminary competition, wishing to play in a preliminary competition should contact the Director by 1 March 2019.
Area and National Finals
- Qualifiers from preliminary competitions will be allocated to an Area Final, and will be expected to play both days of the weekend shown below. The number of Area Finals will depend on the overall number of entries. Area Finals for 2019 will be held at the following croquet clubs:
- Camerton & Peasedown on 24th and 25th August;
- Surbiton, Bury and Ashby on 31 August & 1 September.
- Club organisers should ensure that substitutes will be available if any qualifier becomes unavailable for the Area Final. The format of each Area Final will be a Swiss or American Block tournament, with a time limit at the Manager's discretion. Managers of Area Finals should notify the results to the Director within two days, and should ensure that those qualifying will be available to play in the National Final.
- Any qualifier who becomes unavailable for the Final should notify the Director immediately. Their place may be taken by a substitute or reserve, but any player who has not participated in a preliminary tournament will be ineligible to progress to the National Final.
- Where a player in an Area or National Final is Ex-Directory in the CA Directory, a contact email address must be supplied 'in clear' to the Tournament Director. If not supplied, all correspondence to that player will be sent to the club contact.
These are available at the discretion of the host club.
Clubs may add an additional charge for their own funds.