These event details are draft and subject to change
Grass Roots Golf Croquet Competition
||1 Sep 2019
||Bath Croquet Club
Bath Recreation Ground, William Street, Bath, Somerset, BA2 4DS
Organised by The CA
GC Tournament Details
||CA Office (For this fixture only)
The Croquet Association, Old Bath Road, GL53 7DF CAOffice#croquet.org.uk Tel. Work: 01242 242318
||Availability closes: 31 May 2019;
||Post an Entry Form.
||1 View Availability
||The Tournament Conditions apply to all listed fixtures unless otherwise stated.
See also the Introduction to the Fixtures Book.
For this tournament
- Fees: £6 for individuals; £1 for CA Premium Members. Members must arrange to play in the preliminary heats at their venue. A competitor may play in only one group.
- A Cheque for the total amount due, payable to The Croquet Association, should be sent along with the names of the contestants to the Director of the competition.
- Entry is by group (recommended size 4, but a minimum size is 2). Any club may enter more than one group, but a player may play in one group only.
- Early entries are appreciated, but none will be accepted after the closing date.
- Format: Played as a series of club events, followed by the National Final. Each group will organise its own preliminary heats in any way convenient to the Club/Group. (Courts may be half-size at this stage.) Depending on the overall national entry, a number of players will go forward to the National Final (where full-size courts will be used). If the total number of entries is sufficient, Area Rounds will be arranged.
- 31 May 2019: Closing Date for entry.
- 31 July 2019: Last date for completion of club rounds.
- 1 September 2019: National Final - Bath.
- Matches will be best-of-one 13-point level play games played under the Rules of Golf Croquet as published by the Croquet Association.
- Games will have a time limit of 50 minutes for at least the club rounds.
- Players who do not have a CA handicap must arrange with their local club for a handicap to be issued in accordance with the CA guidelines.
- Full rules and regulations will be provided on acceptance of entry. Please do not play before receiving the rules from the Manager.
- Eligibility: Open to anyone who has a CA Golf Croquet handicap of 8 or above. Any player who has won the National Final, or has played in the National Final on two occasions, is NOT eligible and should consider entering the C-Level (or possibly even the B-Level) Series.
|Fixtures Book Contact:
||Paul Francis (Club Fixtures Book Contact)