||Suppressed - the event happened a while ago, please contact the CA Office for details
||Entries accepted in receipt order; Closing: 27 Mar 2019
||See conditions for how to enter.
All events at this club
- If you would like more information on any course, please visit our website or contact the SWCA Secretary, Maureen Smith, email: enquiries#southwestcroquetacademy.co.uk;
- Telephone 0782 145 8447 for SWCA direct contact; alternatively you may leave a message on 01395 442548 which is an answerphone only in the Clubhouse.
- To enrol on a course, please use the online entry system on our website. This provides a shopping basket with secure payment arrangements using a debit or credit card via PayPal and details for cheque payment.
- Morning and afternoon tea and coffee will be available each day, but please bring your own packed lunch.
- Refunds will only be available for cancellations at least 14 days prior to the course start date. Refunds may be available after that date if your place on the course can be filled. An administration fee of £7.50 will be deducted from all refunds.
For this course
- The course is for players wanting to become a Club Coach. It aims to develop your coaching skills, and forms the first part of the Club Coach Qualification process.
- Roger Mills was awarded Coach of The Year 2017, and in 2018 was the first new Examining Coach to be appointed by the CA for many years. As a member of the CA Coaching Committee, he has been heavily involved in reviewing the approach to training new Club Coaches, and he brings these insights to this course.
- The course has 3 objectives: to develop students' coaching expertise & confidence; to equip students to plan & deliver coaching courses & lessons; and to qualify students as Club Coaches. The 2 days of the course will be highly practical, with the focus on learning and practising how to coach. To facilitate this approach, students will be given material to study at home before coming on the course.
- You should have a working knowledge of AC Laws and / or GC Rules.
- Participants will not be required to cover both AC and GC.
- Full details of the Qualification Process, can be found in the section in the CA's Fixtures Book or on the CA website: www.croquet.org.uk/?p=tournament/caCalendar&CalendarInformationID=6
- If you wish to contact Roger to discuss any aspect of the course, please call him on 01395 512250.
- The CA offers a £25.00 subsidy to member delegates who complete the course, and the SWF offers travel assistance to SWF club members who gain the qualification.