||Suppressed - the event happened a while ago, please contact the CA Office for details
||Entries accepted in receipt order; Closing: 27 Mar 2019
||See conditions for how to enter.
All events at this club
- Looking for more information on any course? Then please visit our website or contact the SWCA Secretary, Maureen Smith, email: enquiries#southwestcroquetacademy.co.uk. You can also call 07821 458447 to speak to one of the SWCA team. We are here to help!
- Enrolling on a course is a simple exercise using the online entry system on our website. This provides you with secure payment arrangements using a debit or credit card via PayPal.
- Morning and afternoon tea and coffee will be available each day, but please bring your own packed lunch.
- If you need to cancel a course, the course fee will be refunded if you give us at least 10 days' notice. Refunds may be available after that date if your place on the course is filled. An administration fee of £5.00 will be made for all refunds.
For this course
- The course is for players wanting to become a Grade 1 Coach (either AC or GC) or a Grade 2 Coach (AC). It is suitable for players who are already Club Coaches or Grade 1 Coaches and who wish to upgrade their qualification, as well as for players who have considerable coaching experience but have no formal qualification.
- Participants will not be required to cover both AC and GC, but must have a good working knowledge of either AC Laws or GC Rules.
- Roger Mills was awarded Coach of The Year 2017, and in 2018 was the first new Examining Coach to be appointed by the CA for many years. For several years he has been studying how Club Coaches can develop their skills and progress to a Graded coaching qualification.
- Qualification assessment takes place on the second day - each delegate will deliver a pre-prepared short coaching session to the other candidates who will role-play players being coached. To get the maximum benefit from the course, delegates will need to do some preparation at home before the course.
- Full details of the qualification process can be found in the section in the CA's Fixtures book or on the CA website: www.croquet.org.uk/?p=tournament/caCalendar&CalendarinformationID=6
- If you wish to contact Roger to discuss any aspect of the course, please call him on 01395 512250.
- The CA offers a £25.00 subsidy to member delegates who complete the course, and the SWF offers travel assistance to SWF club members who gain the qualification.