These event details are draft and subject to change
GC - Referees Qualification Course (GCREFQ)
||23-24 Mar 2019
||High Wycombe Croquet Club
Hazlemere Recreation Ground, Amersham Road, Hazlemere, Bucks, HP15 7QW
||Ian Shore (For this fixture only)
Hope Cottage, 6 Orchard Way, Holmer Green, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP15 6RF ianshore#gmail.com Tel. 01494 718615 Mobile: 07783 322549
||Allocation: 8 Mar 2019; Closing: 8 Mar 2019
||Post an Entry Form.
For this course
- This is a two-day course, starting prompt at 0930 hrs, led by Cliff Jones, for GC players who wish to improve their understanding of the rules to refereeing standard and to qualify as a referee.
- Coaching on the rules will be conducted on Saturday 23 Mar 2019. On Sunday 24 Mar 19 attendees will be prepared for the 1 hour multi-choice examination, which will be held that afternoon (NB. Cost of examination is not included in course fees).
- There is the option to attend only on Sat 23 Mar 2019 to gain the knowledge, without staying to take the examination; however priority will be given to those who wish to take the examination.
- The course is intense and reasonable prior knowledge of the new (Edition 5) GC rules (on which the course will be based) is needed, as well as experience at playing the game.
- Attendees must be CA members to hold the referee qualification.
- The course content is designed to qualify players as GC Referees. While much of the material is theory, if the weather allows there will be an opportunity to spend time on the lawns too.
- There are tea/coffee making facilities in the clubhouse. For lunch there is a local bakery for sandwiches within 5 min walk, or bring own packed lunch.
- Dress code: Whites not necessary, dress for warmth.
- Strongly preferred payment method is online through the CA website.
- Alternatively, bank transfer to High Wycombe Croquet Club, a/c 15845834, sort code 60-11-01 reference:<surname>/GCREFQ.
- Last resort, cheques should be payable to "High Wycombe Croquet Club", with reference as above.
|Fixtures Book Contact:
||Duncan Reeve (Club Fixtures Book Contact)
||CRG: GC Referee Course [GC] [Course]
||2-day GC Referees Qualification Course for players wishing to qualify as GC Referees.
|Number of Places:
||£70.00; CA Premium Member: £60.00; 2nd event, Other: £50.00; 2nd event, CA Premium: £40.00
|Entry Fee Comment:
||Where second event is for one day (Saturday) only with no exam.