||Suppressed - the event happened a while ago, please contact the CA Office for details
||Entries accepted in receipt order; Closing: 22 Mar 2019
||See conditions for how to enter.
All events at this club
- Looking for more information on any course? Then please visit our website or contact the SWCA Secretary, Maureen Smith, email: enquiries#southwestcroquetacademy.co.uk. You can also call 07821 458447 to speak to one of the SWCA team. We are here to help!
- Enrolling on a course is a simple exercise using the online entry system on our website. This provides you with secure payment arrangements using a debit or credit card via PayPal.
- Morning and afternoon tea and coffee will be available each day, but please bring your own packed lunch.
- If you need to cancel a course, the course fee will be refunded if you give us at least 10 days' notice. Refunds may be available after that date if your place on the course is filled. An administration fee of £5.00 will be made for all refunds.
For this course
- The course is for those wanting to begin managing tournaments or club competitions, as well as for experienced tournament managers who want to develop their knowledge and skills. Club Competition Secretaries wishing to explore different competition formats would also enjoy the course.
- Cliff Jones has vast experience of managing tournaments - large and small, local and international - and is regarded as one of the UK's leading expert on tournament management. Cliff's own software is widely used by CA tournament managers.
- The course will cover planning a tournament, deciding on the best format to use - knock-out, block play, Egyptian, Swiss, and other formats - the role of the Manager during the tournament, and management tricks & tips to keep everything running smoothly and on time.
- There are no requirements for this course, except to be eager to learn!
- Delegates will receive a free copy of Cliff's tournament management spreadsheet, and will be able to purchase a copy of his Tournament Management Manual.
- If practical, delegates should bring a laptop so they can install and use the spreadsheet during the course.
- The CA offers a £10.00 subsidy to member delegates attending the course.