||Suppressed - the event happened a while ago, please contact the CA Office for details
||Entries accepted in receipt order; Closing: 1 May 2019
||See conditions for how to enter.
All events at this club
- If you would like more information on any course, please visit our website or contact the SWCA Secretary, Maureen Smith, email: enquiries#southwestcroquetacademy.co.uk;
- Telephone 0782 145 8447 for SWCA direct contact; alternatively you may leave a message on 01395 442548 which is an answerphone only in the Clubhouse.
- To enrol on a course, please use the online entry system on our website. This provides a shopping basket with secure payment arrangements using a debit or credit card via PayPal and details for cheque payment.
- Morning and afternoon tea and coffee will be available each day, but please bring your own packed lunch.
- Refunds will only be available for cancellations at least 14 days prior to the course start date. Refunds may be available after that date if your place on the course can be filled. An administration fee of £7.50 will be deducted from all refunds.
For this course
- Do you love playing Short Croquet or would you like to give it a try? Games are quick and dynamic - no Aunt Emma tactics here! There are fresh challenges for all AC players, and it's also an easy route into AC for a GC player as it rewards straight hitting.
- If your AC handicap is 16-24 or your Short Croquet handicap is 6-10, and you want to improve your skills and tactics, then this is the course for you. OR, if you have only played GC, and would like to try Short Croquet, then you can have 1 or 2 free(!) pre-course lessons to get you up to speed for the course.
- Roger Mills, the Lead Coach, will show you how to play Short Croquet the 'easy way'. The course will first of all focus on improving your shot making skills, and how you can make your shots consistent and successful, avoiding missing those short roquets and blobbing hoops (as sometimes happens!).
- Then the focus will move on to tactics - how to play the right opening; when to use your bisques and how to use them to maximum effect to set up and maintain a break.