These event details are draft and subject to change
Moves and Methods for Higher Bisquers
||12 May 2020 (1 working day)
York Croquet Club, Scarcroft Road, York, YO24 1DD Tel: 01904 620211
||0 Not Available
||John Harris (Club Tournament Secretary)
7 Mount Parade, York, YO24 4AP jharrisnet#gmail.com Tel. 01904 620211
||Entries accepted in receipt order; Closing: 3 May 2020
||See conditions for how to enter.
All events at this club
- Ten-minute walk from York Station with frequent rail links to all parts of the country. Close to Park & Ride Stop.
- Three excellent full lawns, plus two short lawns.
- Morning coffee and afternoon tea will be available each day. Please bring packed lunch. Alternatively there are two good corner shops and several takeaways within five minutes' walk.
- To enquire about the availability of places, to make a booking, to ask about late availability, for an accommodation list, or with any questions, please contact the Courses Secretary: John Harris, 7 Mount Parade, York YO24 4AP, tel: 01904 620211, email jharrisnet#gmail.com
- Please make cheques payable to "The Northern Croquet Academy, York" stating the course(s) on reverse of cheque. Please send application forms and cheques to the Course Secretary. Receipt of your entry and further communication will normally be by email.
- Please also refer to the individual course notes.
For this course
- This one-day course is for higher-handicap players looking to broaden their tactical understanding and develop their technical skills. The day will include openings; game strategy with and without bisques; how to maintain and improve a four-ball break; how to convert a three-ball into a four-ball break; leaves; and planning ahead to achieve a successful peg-out. The focus will be on tips and rules of thumb which can be easily transferred into ordinary play. Plenty of time will be spent on the lawn, including a skills workshop and individual guidance and support.
- Players outside the handicap range may be accepted by agreement.
- Course run jointly by John Harris and Dave Hudson
|Fixtures Book Contact:
||John Harris (Club Fixtures Book Contact)
||CA: AC Coaching [AC] [Course]
||Practical course with course notes.
|Number of Places:
||H:16–22 (Min: 16 Max: 22)
||£38.00; CA Premium Member: £33.00