These event details are draft and subject to change
The AC All-England Handicap Final
||5-6 Sep 2020
||Chester Croquet Club
Westminster Park, Hough Green, Chester, CH4 8JW
Organised by The CA
AC Tournament Details
||CA Office (For this fixture only)
The Croquet Association, Old Bath Road, GL53 7DF CAOffice#croquet.org.uk Tel. Work: 01242 242318
||Allocation: 1 Mar 2020; Closing: 31 May 2020
|| enter and pay online or See conditions for how to enter.
||The Tournament Conditions apply to all listed fixtures unless otherwise stated.
See also the Introduction to the Fixtures Book.
For this tournament
- Competitors, who need not be Individual Members of the CA, must arrange to play in a preliminary competition. No-one may play in more than one preliminary event.
- PLEASE NOTE: there is now no maximum handicap.
- A Member Club must notify the CA Office of its intention to hold a preliminary competition by the Allocation Date. This should be confirmed by the Closing Date, stating the number of competitors in the preliminary competition and enclosing the appropriate entry fees.
- The Area and National Finals will be played to full-bisque handicap base 10, but the organising club may alter this ruling for its preliminary competition.
- Subject to the General Rules above, a preliminary competition may be carried out in any way convenient to the organising club. It must be completed, and the names of those going forward to the Area Final notified to the Tournament Director, by 3 August. Please do not send this information to the CA Office instead of the Tournament Director.
- A preliminary competition must have an entry of four or more competitors, and one player may go forward to the Area Final for every four competitors that actually play in the preliminary competition, up to a maximum of four players per host club.
Players who are not members of any club, or players who are members of clubs not holding a preliminary competition, wishing to play in a preliminary competition should contact the Director by 1 March 2020.
Area and National Finals
- Qualifiers from preliminary competitions will be allocated to an Area Final, and will be expected to play both days of the weekend shown below. The number of Area Finals will depend on the overall number of entries. Area Finals for 2020 will be held at the following croquet clubs:
- Camerton & Peasedown and Bury on 22nd and 23rd August;
- Surbiton on 29th and 30th August.
- Club organisers should ensure that substitutes will be available if any qualifier becomes unavailable for the Area Final. The format of each Area Final will be a Swiss or American Block tournament, with a time limit at the Manager's discretion. Managers of Area Finals should notify the results to the Director within two days, and should ensure that those qualifying will be available to play in the National Final.
- Any qualifier who becomes unavailable for the Final should notify the Director immediately. Their place may be taken by a substitute or reserve, but any player who has not participated in a preliminary tournament will be ineligible to progress to the National Final.
- Where a player in an Area or National Final is Ex-Directory in the CA Directory, a contact email address must be supplied 'in clear' to the Tournament Director. If not supplied, all correspondence to that player will be sent to the club contact.
These are available at the discretion of the host club.
Clubs may add an additional charge for their own funds, or subsidise their young players from their own funds.
|Fixtures Book Contact:
||Hilary Smith (specific for this tournament - overrides club Fixtures Book Contact)