For this tournament
- This competition is intended to provide competitive and enjoyable inter-club team matches for players with middle-range Golf Croquet handicaps. Each team must meet the following handicap restrictions:
- The total CA Golf Croquet handicap of the team must be at least 12.
- The team may include one player with a handicap of 2; the others must have higher handicaps.
- Attention is drawn to CA Tournament Regulation H1 on handicaps and in particular to paragraph (f) on Eligibility.
- The competition is open to CA Full Member Clubs and will be played as a knockout. Players must be Individual Members of the CA and playing members of the club they are representing. Clubs may enter more than one team. Any individual croquet player may play for only one team (whether or not from the same club) in any one year.
- The draw will be published on the CA website by early January. Dates for the completion of each round will be published at the same time. Matches may not be played after the deadline date without the specific approval of the Director (in advance). Approval will not be given unless the Director is satisfied that this is justified and will not adversely affect the following round. As far as possible the draw will attempt to reduce travelling in the early rounds. The final is to be played on or before 29 Sep 2019 at a neutral venue to be determined by the Director. The ball and court hire fees for the final will be paid by the CA.
- The position in the draw will not indicate home or away. Where there is history, the away team from the previous meeting becomes the home team for the new one; in all other cases it should be decided by the toss of a coin.
- In setting a match date it is recommended that both clubs identify preferred dates, and if two dates coincide then that date should be chosen. If no dates coincide, each club identifies one preferred date: this should be a weekend unless both clubs are content to play midweek. The toss of a coin should be used to choose the date. If neither club has courts available on the chosen date, then clubs arrange and pay for a neutral venue.
- Singles may be double-banked where limited courts are available at the home club. A club should have a minimum of two full-size courts for hosting home matches, though clubs with undersize courts may have them approved for use on application to the Director at the time of entry. Teams may opt to play all games away from their home club if they do not have suitable match facilities, but this should be declared on their entry.
- Each team shall consist of four players. Prior to the start of each match the Captains will exchange team lists, with the players listed as A, B, C and D in handicap order, the lowest handicap first. Where two or more players have the same handicap the Captain may choose their order, which must then apply for the whole match.
- The teams shall strive to obtain a result in a single day. The Captains may consider shortening the afternoon rubbers if weather intervenes (e.g. only one game in each rubber, or time limits). If the teams abandon play then only completed rubbers shall count toward the match result. If fewer than three rubbers are complete, or the scores in a curtailed match are level, then one of the following is allowable:
- the Captains toss a coin to decide the result;
- the away team agrees to travel again to start the match afresh (without carrying forward the scores of the completed rubbers) at a later date (before the deadline for completion of the round).
- Time limits shall be used only with the agreement of the team captains.
- The winning club is responsible for reporting the result of the match. Detailed results shall be sent to results#croquet.org.uk - this report will reach the Director, the CA Office and the editors of the website and the Gazette. The information required is: (a) the competition; (b) the club names; (c) the match score; (d) the date played; (e) the venue; (f) the detailed game scores; (g) a short report (if desired) which will be put onto the CA website and may be considered for inclusion in the Gazette.