For this tournament
- This competition is intended to provide competitive and enjoyable inter-club team matches for players with middle range Golf Croquet handicaps.
- The competition is open to CA Member Clubs. Clubs may enter one or two teams. If two teams are entered they must be designated as Team A and Team B. Players must be members of the club they are playing for. No player may play for more than one club or one team in a season.
- The draw will be published on the CA website by early January and circulated to Clubs entered, with dates by which rounds should be completed. These dates may only be extended with the approval of the Director. As far as possible the draw will be done on a regional basis in an attempt to reduce travelling. Clubs playing each other should arrange mutually convenient dates and a home or away venue for their matches. The venue should be the reverse of the previous encounter between the two Clubs in this competition but where there is no previous encounter or if they are unable to agree they may either toss a coin to determine the venue, or ask the Director to do so. Double-banking may be used. If a Club has fewer than two full size courts available it should arrange to play matches "away" except that Clubs with under-size courts may have them approved for use on application to the Director before the start of the competition.
- In setting a match date it is recommended that both clubs identify preferred dates and if two dates coincide then that date should be chosen. If no dates coincide, then each club identifies a preferred date which should be a weekend unless both clubs are content to play midweek. A toss of a coin should be used choose the date. If neither club has courts available on the chosen date, then clubs arrange and pay for a neutral venue.
- The final is to be at a neutral venue to be arranged by the two clubs concerned and be played on or before Sunday 30 September 2018, court hire fees and management expenses will be paid by the CA. The Director should be informed beforehand of the agreed date and venue so that the Trophy is made available for presentation on the day.
- Teams shall consist of four players and must meet the following handicap restrictions:
- a. The total CA Golf Croquet handicap of the team must be at least 12.
- b. The team may include one player with a handicap of 2, the others must have higher handicaps. Attention is drawn to CA Tournament Regulation H1 on Handicaps, and in particular to paragraph f, Eligibility. It is possible that the handicap restrictions will change if the current handicap system is revised before the draw is made.
- The winning club is responsible for reporting the results of each match by e-mail to results#croquet.org.uk. This report will reach the Director, the CA office and the editors of the website and the Gazette. The information required is: (a) the competition, (b) the club names, (c) the match score, (d) the date played, (e) the venue, (f) the detailed game scores, and (g) a short report (if desired) which will be put onto the CA website and may be considered for inclusion in the Gazette. Under exceptional circumstances, the Director will take club names, venue and match scores over the telephone.