For this tournament
- Competitors, who need not be Individual Members of the CA, must arrange to play in a preliminary competition. No-one may play in more than one preliminary event.
- PLEASE NOTE: There is now no minimum handicap restriction.
- Club Secretaries / Group Organisers must notify the CA Manager by the Allocation Date that they are entering their Club / Group for the competition, together with the number of entries and the appropriate entry fees. Cheques should be made payable to The Croquet Association.
- Matches at the first stage will be 13-point handicap games, played under the current handicap system and Rules of Golf Croquet as published by the Croquet Association.
- Players who do not have a CA handicap must arrange with their local club for a handicap to be issued in accordance with the CA guidelines.
- Competitors must have their handicap cards available for inspection by the Manager at any Area or National Final.
- Preliminary heats may be arranged in any way convenient to the Club / Group. They must be completed, and the names of those going forward to the Area Finals notified to the Director, by 1 July 2020 giving full details, including handicaps, phone numbers and email addresses.
- Clubs / Groups with 4 to 7 competitors will be entitled to have one qualifier in the Area Finals, 8 to 11 two qualifiers, 12 to 15 three qualifiers, 16 to 19 four qualifiers, and so on.
- A Group must have an entry of no fewer than four competitors to be eligible, but if a Club cannot enter a minimum of 4 players, it may be possible to join another Group. Please contact the Director for advice on this, and 'non-club-specific' groups may be arranged (keen individuals are also encouraged to call the Director).
- Club Secretaries / Group Organisers should be aware of the following timeline:
- 1 May - Allocation Date, for provisional club entry forms to reach the CA Office.
- 1 June - Closing Date, for final club entry with payment to the CA Office.
- 1 July - Confirmation of qualifying players' names to the Director.
- 1 August - Area Final Midlands/North* at Ashby CC.
- 3 August - Area Final South at Phyllis Court CC.
- 10 August - Area Final South-East at Surbiton CC.
- 16 August - Area Final South-West at Bath CC.
- 12-13 September - National Final at Hamptworth CC.
* If there are sufficient entries from Northern clubs, consideration will be given to holding an additional, more Northern-based, Area Final.