CA Fixtures Calendar Help
You can customise your view of the Fixtures Calendar to make it easier to use.
Tournament entry forms can be downloaded from the downloads section.
For Entries Secretaries and Directors
During the Fixtures Calendar production period, Entries Secretaries and Directors can edit fixtures for which they are responsible. Watch the short videos to save a thousand words:
See the TES guide for details of managing and viewing entries to your events.
Event Types Key and Abbreviations Used
|Association and Golf Croquet CHAMPIONSHIPS are shown in capitals - C1, C2 or C3 shows the Championship Grade.|
|CA-organised events are shown in bold type.|
|Association Croquet handicap restrictions are indicated thus:
|Golf Croquet handicap restrictions are indicated thus:
|Age limits are indicated thus: 50+ means age 50 or over.|
|The number of working days (wd) each fixture occupies is shown in the comments column.|
|Event Type Abbreviations|
|14HD||14-Point Handicap Doubles|
|A||Level Advanced AC|
|AD||Level Advanced AC Doubles|
|AMD||As Manager Decides / At Manager's Discretion|
|Asa||Level Advanced/Super-Advanced AC|
|AsaD||Level Advanced/Super-Advanced AC Doubles|
|ASD||Level Advanced AC Singles and Doubles|
|CGS||Croquet Grading System (GC rankings)|
|CQC||Coaches' Qualification Course|
|CRA||AC Referee Course|
|CRG||GC Referee Course|
|CTC||Coaches' Training Course|
|E||Depends on entry (AC)|
|GD||GC Doubles (Level)|
|GhD||GC Handicap Doubles|
|GhSD||GC Handicap Singles and Doubles|
|GSD||GC Singles and Doubles (Level)|
|Ha||Handicap Advanced AC|
|HD||Handicap AC Doubles|
|HSD||Handicap AC Singles and Doubles|
|L||Level Ordinary Play AC|
|MS||Mixed AC (Level and Handicap) Singles|
|MSD||Mixed AC (Level and Handicap) Singles and Doubles|
|OM||One-Ball Mixed (Level and Handicap)|
|SAC||Short Croquet (AC) Handicap|
|TBA||To Be Arranged / To Be Advised|
|TBD||To Be Decided|
|TES||CA's Online Tournament Entry System|
|wd||(Number of) working days spanned by a tournament|
Fixture DatesEntries should arrive before the Allocation Date. Between then and the Closing Date, entries will be accepted if the fixture is not full, or may be placed on a waiting list in order of receipt. After the Closing Date, entries will only be accepted at the discretion of the Manager, who should be approached direct.
|Allocation||Organiser decides whose entries to accept on (or soon after) this date; where no date is shown it has not been specified by the organiser and entries are accepted in order of receipt. The online entry system will not accept entries after this date other than onto the reserve list if a maximum number of places is specified and the event is full (including reserves). For selection events: selection announcement - if enter online, payment system opens 7 days before (in case of early selection).|
|Closing||Entries might not be accepted after this date; where no date is shown it has not been specified by the organiser. The online entry system will not accept entries from players after this date (except for selection events). For selection events: availability registration closes.|
|Draw||The date who-plays-whom in the tournament is published (usually only for championships). For selection events: payment due date - re-selection for non-payers.|
Customising Your Fixtures Calendar Listing
Click a club name to view only fixtures at that club, or search to list fixtures whose title or conditions contain the text you want. To plan your season, use the display options described below to show only selected fixtures.
In the full Fixtures Calendar listing (if logged in), you can save a browser bookmark that will return you to your customised list of selected events for further selection or later use. When you have selected your fixtures, you can print the page or use one of the buttons at the bottom to enter them (separating online, postal and availability entries) or import them into your electronic diary.
Click a button in 'Highlight Series' to make prominent all matching events (refresh the page to clear).
Click display options at the top of the full Fixtures Calendar listing to show the options. Note that some options and features are available only to logged-in members, and some only in the full calendar listing (not in TES):
- Select the basic event types to display, by ticking at least one of Association Croquet, Golf Croquet, or Course. Only the event types ticked here will be shown
- Use Your Handicap to show only the events open to players with your handicap (automatically set in TES, or enter at the top of the page in the Fixtures Calendar)
- (e.g. if you enter handicap 12, events stipulating a handicap restriction of 11 or lower will not be listed) - this works independently for Golf Croquet and Association Croquet handicaps
- Click [Show All Events] to clear this
- Clear Cancelled Events and Past Dates - you can't enter them!
- No handicap restriction: clear the box to show only restricted-handicap events, e.g. B-Level events.
- Clear Team Events to show only Individual/Doubles Events. Note that Team Events includes Inter-Club and Inter-County events
- Choose one or more of By Selection, Enter online, or Enter by post. For this purpose only, these are mutually exclusive in that selection events are not included in the other two categories, and non-selection events are either Enter online or Enter by post
- Choose one or both of Open (Open to non-members) or Closed (CA Members only) - major championships are usually Open
- Note that during Fixtures Calendar production, draft fixtures are displayed along with a colour-code showing their state of readiness - refer to the Calendar Publication Lifecycle for details
- Use the '-' at the left to hide a fixture you are not interested in
- Note that this is not remembered nor saved with a bookmark
- Reload the page to show again the ones you've hidden
- The horizontal lines delineate each week - making it easy to choose which events you will enter each (and every?) week
- Use the Checkboxes to tick each fixture you are interested in
- or click the [Select All] button at the bottom
- Click an action button at the bottom (only available if you select fewer than 100 fixtures):
- [Show only selected] Refreshes the page and shows only the selected fixtures
- Save the page as a bookmark and return to it to make further selections or for reference
- Click [Show All Events] to restore the display of all fixtures
- [Highlighted selected] Shows all fixtures (subject to the filter options) with your selections highlighted
- Select [Download selected to diary] to download an iCal file to update your electronic diary
- Select [Download selected to CSV] to download a CSV (spreadsheet) file
- [Enter selected events] Opens a page with up to three buttons to help enter your selected fixtures:
- go to TES online entry for all the selected fixtures that can be entered online
- register availability for the relevant selected fixtures
- Show entry details for the selected fixtures that require an entry form but cannot be entered online. This is a printable page to help manage your postal entries.
- [Show only selected] Refreshes the page and shows only the selected fixtures
- Click the [Reset Configuration] button to revert the display options to their defaults.
Download Into Your Diary: How to Use an iCal File
Microsoft Outlook will usually automatically open the file when you download it - older versions cannot make sense of a file that contains more than one fixture so you should download them separately using the iCal icon in the fixtures listing. More recent versions of Outlook create a new calendar if you just open the file - you need to import it. See answers.microsoft.com/...
- Download and save the iCal file from the CA Fixtures listing.
- In Google Calendar: select Settings and Calendar Settings.
- Choose the Calendars tab
- Choose Import calendar
- Choose the file you downloaded above and click Import.
After a few seconds, Google should tell you it Successfully imported ... events. If anything else happens that doesn't look like a problem with your device, contact the webmaster for help.