This page lists Fixtures Calendar events that are either organised directly by the CA, or form part of a competition series organised by different host clubs, leading to an eventual series winner.
Many CA Events have a long history and heritage - with some beautiful silverware to be won!
Named CA Events are organised by the relevant Tournaments Committees, in conjunction with a host club; some events switch venues each year, whilst others are fixed. Clubs submit bids to host particular CA Events several years in advance, as they are a way to raise the club's profile and attract competitors nationwide. The Provisional Forward Tournament Schedule shows a snapshot.
Each Event has a Director and an appointed Manager (see Tournament Regulations - Officials) who decide the format, entry size, and other details.
The following section gives details of the CA events and series - beneath that, the current fixtures calendar lists those events.
- The All-England Handicap Championship - Represent your club against your region's rapid improvers, then go on to play the nation's best.
- The Inter-County Championships - A rare team-doubles event - represent your County for national glory, or to avoid the wooden spoon. The social event of the croquet calendar.
- National Inter-Club Events - Eight inter-club knockout competitions for all levels of play.
- Selection Events - A collection of events. A chance to represent England or the CA, or challenge yourself against the country's best.
- Students' Championship - AC and Students' Championship - GC (GC Students' not to be held in 2021). For those in Higher Education; includes both team and singles events.
- The Open Championships - The premier AC event, historically known as the British Open, where the runner up receives a better trophy (subject to opinion) than the winner. Doubles and singles.
- The Men's Women's and Mixed Doubles Championships - Separate events for men and women - one of the oldest and highly regarded championship events.
- The Peel Memorials (first played 1898) - A handicap event commemorating Walter Peel, founder of the CA, consists of men's and women's singles and mixed doubles.
- The Challenge & Gilbey (first played 1900) - The original multi-event tournament, consisting of four Challenge Cups (level advanced, split by handicap) and The Gilbey Goblet (handicap).
- The South of England Championship - The only regional championship (of four) which is organised by the CA. Typically an end-of-season closer.
- The 14pt South of England Weekend - Traditionally known as the South of England Week organised by the CA, this is a new event for 2020.
- Veterans' Championship - Age-banded event for those aged 65+, with multiple events, singles and doubles.
- Seniors' Championship - Age-banded event for those aged 50+, with multiple events, singles and doubles.
- Schools' and Juniors' Championship - Age-banded event for those at school or up to age 18. Team and singles events.
- The Open Championships - the premier GC event. Doubles and singles.
- The Women's Open Championship - the premier GC event for women. Singles only.
- The English National Singles Championship (Ascot Cup) - entry by qualification from placings in other qualifying Championships.
- The English National Doubles Championship - a prestigious GC doubles event for the Ranelagh Cups. First played in 1995.
- The U25 Open Championship - introduced in 2021; a 16-player event with 4 places reserved for eligible students.
- The Veterans' Championship - an age-banded event for those aged 60+. Singles only.
- GC Open Series - tournaments at Open level. No handicap restriction. Points race - no National Final.
- GC A-Level (0+) Series - tournaments for handicap 0+. Points race - no National Final.
- GC B-Level Series - tournaments for handicap 3+, leading to a National Final.
- GC C-Level Series - tournaments for handicap 7+, leading to a National Final.
- Grass Roots Competition - an event for beginners with a handicap of 8+. Preliminary rounds at home clubs leading to a National Final.
CA Events in the Current Fixtures Calendar
Please note: by choosing personal settings you consent to cookies being stored on your device (if it is configured to allow that). Please see the Security and Privacy Policies page for further information. Any questions, please contact the CA Office.
No matching items (01 Jan...)