First WCF Women's World Golf Croquet Championships: Cairo November 2005
The WCF event will be held in Cairo, Egypt from 13-20 November 2005, event Organiser is David Openshaw, WCF President
The WCF will not be allocating places for each country, but will accept entries from all member associations, with an expected entry of 32 players and a closing date of 1st of April 2005.
To help entrants make travel plans, the WCF will start to confirm entries from 1st March 2005. All entries should be made via your National Association.
The Entry Fee will be 30 GB pounds.
The Egyptian Croquet Association will provide an excellent service to all players and their partners, which will include:
- Organisation of Visa. (Cost 25 US dollars)
- Help through Customs
- Hotel Accommodation convenient to the venue of the Gezirah Club
- Organisation of sightseeing tours before, during or after the event (e.g. visit Pyramids and Sakkara, Old Cairo, Nile Cruise)
- Special trips for partners during the event can be organised
- Transfer to and from Airport
The WCF will attempt to meet all entrants' individual requirements in these areas.
David Openshaw, President of the World Croquet Federation said:
The Egyptian Croquet Association has already organised two WCF World Golf Croquet Championships in 1997 and 2000. We hope that this event will be promoted by all Member Associations to their women players who play both Golf Croquet and Association Croquet. I feel sure this will be a great event and a great opportunity to visit such a unique part of the World. I will be happy to answer any queries from potential entrants.