[<<] [>>] by Richard Hoskyns
30 July-7 August
2005 (AC - Mixed)
Hurlingham held its annual tournament from 30 July to 7 August. The tournament was on the whole lucky with the weather. Despite some outbreaks of heavy rain, the tournament was completed on time with a final sunny weekend.
The Hurlingham Cup was regained by Nelson Morrow who won all his games in the American block of eight. Nelson last won the cup in 2002.
- The Turner Cup: John Taylor of Reigate Priory (Runner-up Nigel Polhill of Ealing)
- The Younger Cup: Farooq Malik of Dulwich (Runner-up Gina Lewis of Surbiton)
- The Longworth Cup (handicap): John Bowcott of Hurlingham (Runner-up Nick Furse of Merton)
- The Centenary Doubles (handicap mixed): Ross Goodman and Gill McDiarmid of Woking (Runners-up Mike Lambert of Surbiton & Carole Jackson of South Africa)
- The Jubilee Cup (x unrestricted handicap singles): John Bowcott of Hurlingham (Runner-up Toby Jessel of Hurlingham)
- The Baillieu Plate (y unrestricted handicap singles): Paul Salisbury of Ealing (Runner-up Jean Oades of Roehampton)
- The Hurlingham Doubles (Advanced play mixed): Mark Fawcett & Mary Knapp of Roehampton (Runners-up Geoffrey Cuttle & Gill McDiarmid of Woking)
- The Wine Coolers (handicap men's doubles): Philip Eardley of Ipswich & David Wickham of Budleigh Salterton (Runners-up Mike Lambert & Andy Dibben of Surbiton)
- The Candlesticks (handicap women's doubles): Jean Oades and Lilian Schayek of Roehampton (Runners-up Mary Knapp & Sue Strong of Surbiton)