The World Croquet Federation today released the 2007 version of the WCF Golf Croquet Rules.
Chairman of the WCF Golf Croquet Rules Committee, Gordon Smith commented,
"The WCF Golf Croquet Rules Committee has prepared a revision of the rules, completing the task started in 2003. The 2005 Version of the Rules was released before we had completed discussing all aspects of the Rules. This has now been done and the experience we have had and the feedback we have received since January 2005 has been put to good use.
Notes are included to help players identify how the Rules have changed from previous versions.
A commentary on the rules is also supplied. The commentary does not form part of the rules. Rather it is intended to aid understanding and to indicate the Rules Committee's intentions. Member countries may use the commentary or add to it, as long as the additions do not conflict with the Rules.
I would like to thank members of the committee for their hard work, in this stage of the development of the Rules".
The members of the committee are
Bill Arliss (England)
Amir Ramsis (Egypt)
Tony Hall (Australia)
Mohammad Kamal (USA)
Peter Millson (South Africa representing other members)
Gordon Smith (New Zealand, Chairman)
Any questions or comments on these Rules should be made to the Chairman or a national representative.
WCF Golf Croquet Rules Web Page
Full details of the WCF Rules of Golf Croquet 2007 can be found on the WCF Web Site in PDF format. Other formats will be added in due course.
Note to WCF Associations and players
1. The WCF Rules of Golf Croquet 2007 may be reproduced by WCF member associations in any format they consider suitable, at their own cost, for re-sale to others, provided the reproduction acknowledges the copyright of the World Croquet Federation.
2. The WCF Rules of Golf Croquet 2007 may be reproduced by members of the public, at their own cost, for their own personal use, provided the reproduction acknowledges the copyright of the World Croquet Federation.
3. WCF member associations may begin to use these Rules in any event, of which they are the governing body, at any time in the future, from 4th June 2007.
4. WCF events will not use the WCF Rules of Golf Croquet 2007 until after 1st January 2008.
5. For clarity, The WCF European Team Championship in June 2007 and the 2nd WCF Women's World Golf Croquet Championship in September 2007 will be played to the 2005 version. The 8th WCF World Golf Croquet Championship in February 2008 will be played to this 2007 version.
WCF Secretary General