Open Championships 2007 - message from the manager and draws
These are the draws for this year's opens at Hurlingham on July 8th-15th inclusive and the time of your first match. The approximate schedule is:
- Sunday 8th - doubles first matches
- Monday 9th - Wednesday 11th singles block play (11 games double banked)
- Thursday 12th - singles knockout and plate begins.
- Friday 13th - quarter finals.
- Saturday 14th - semi-finals.
- Sunday 15th - finals.
(Obviously this may have to change if there is unusual weather).
You are reminded that play will start each day at 10am and may continue until dusk. Be warned that travel in London is sometimes difficult. The best way to get there is by underground (the nearest station is Putney Bridge on the District Line). Our co-sponsors and hosts Hurlingham are a private club, players are asked to behave appropriately throughout and respect the members and staff. Here are some other details:
- Players may sign in a free guest at the gate, CA associate members are entitled to free entry. Other visitors must pay £10 for entry each day.
- Only players may bring cars to the club. Cars may not be left overnight at the club, if you are staying nearby your car must stay with you.
- Players may use the facilities of the club to buy food and drinks; it is not permitted to bring food and drinks into the club.
- White clothing and shoes must be worn on the lawns throughout, only a small coloured designer logo is permitted. There is NO exception for wet weather clothing.
- Mobile phones can only be used in the designated mobile areas.
- There is a major corporate event at the club around the lawns on the 11th - 13th, a luxury car show Salon Prive. There will be a little extra activity, but it should not be disruptive. See www.salonprivelondon.com; bring your chequebook or Amex black card.
Do feel free to contact me if you need more information.
Richard Hilditch (manager)
020 8882 1453
020 8366 1177 (office)
Open Championships - Singles Draw
|Blue Block||Green Block||Red Block|
|Reg Bamford||Robert Fulford||Keith Aiton|
|Stephen Mulliner||David Maugham||Chris Clarke|
|James Death||Jeff Dawson||Rutger Beijderwellen|
|Marcus Evans||Samir Patel||Ian Burridge|
|Ian Lines||Tony Le Moignan||Sam Tudor|
|Kevin Beard||Chris Farthing||David Goacher|
|Chris Patmore||Jenny Williams||Stewart Jackson|
|Richard Dickson||Jack Wicks||Andrew Johnson|
|Paul Salisbury||Dave Kibble||Jerry Guest|
|George Noble||Nelson Morrow||Michael Heap|
|Louise Bradforth||Ian Vincent||Martin Murray|
|David Mooney||Paul Emmett||Jonathan Bowen|
(6 wins required in 11 blocks games in order to qualify for the knockout section)
Open Championships - Doubles Draw
|*Aiton & Mulliner vs. Guest & Jackson|
|Heap & Morrow|
|Beijderwellen & Kibble vs. Bradforth & Patel|
|Bamford & LeMoignan vs. Noble & Vincent|
|Mooney & Salisbury vs. *Burridge & Maugham|
|*Death & Evans vs. Farthing & Patmore|
|Tudor & Wicks vs. Dawson & Williams|
|Dickson & Lines vs. Emmett & Hilditch|
|Beard & Goacher vs. *Clarke & Fulford|
Aiton & Mulliner, Guest & Jackson, Beijderwellen & Kibble, Bradforth & Patel, Bamford & LeMoignan, Noble & Vincent, Mooney & Salisbury, Burridge & Maugham, Death & Evans, Farthing & Patmore
Heap & Morrow, Tudor & Wicks, Dawson & Williams
1:30pm Sunday (after lunch):
Dickson & Lines, Emmett & Hilditch
2pm Sunday (after lunch):
Beard & Goacher, Clarke & Fulford
Andrew Johnson, Martin Murray, Jonathon Bowen