[<<] [>>] by Kevin Carter
25th August 2007
What have the following in common: Lewis Palmer, Dave Kibble, Peter Taylor, Chris Patmore, Nick Harris and Ian Plummer? Answer: they are the six winners so far of the annual Eights Predictions Competition.
I shall again be sending to this year's winner a bottle of James Tuttiett's excellent Northbrook Springs Brut - or a case of six if the winner gets all five predictions exactly correct. (James, if you win then I shall substitute it for a good claret ....)
Here is what you have to do:
- Select one person in each of the five competitions and send them to me in an e-mail. The players in each event can be seen elsewhere in the news section in the latest article headed Eights Week Selections (updated)
- You will get 8 points for selecting the eventual winner of each, 7 for 2nd, 6 for 3rd, etc.
- The person with the most points after the five competitions have been completed will be the winner.
- Ties will be decided by looking at the best prediction in the Pres, then the Chairman's, etc.
- Only one entry per person; all entries by e-mail; deadline 9am BST 5th Sept.
- When two or more people make exactly the same five predictions then only the first received will be logged; the others will be invited to change their selections.
- Changes and substitutions will be accepted in the event of drop-outs, etc.
- The only entry fee is electronic. All entrants are asked to visit www.thehungersite.com/ and click the panel to donate 1.1 cups of food to the world's starving.
Kevin Carter [kevin#profundus.co.uk]