[<<] [>>] by Ian Vincent
15th October 2010
(CA Official News)
The Annual General Meeting of the Croquet Association will take place at the Hurlingham Club on Saturday 16th October 2010 commencing at 11.00 a.m.
- Apologies for Absence.
- Minutes of the previous meeting held on Saturday 17th October 2009.
The minutes were published in the December, 2009, issue of the Croquet Gazette, are available in the members' area and will be sent to Home Members on written request to the office.
- Chairman's Report.
- Accounts for the year to December 2009 and Treasurer's Report.
These accounts and brief commentary were published in the April 2010 Croquet Gazette. Copies will be available at the meeting together with a more comprehensive report, which will be sent to members on request to the office.
- Election of Hon. Secretary.
Dr. I. G. Vincent offers himself for re-election and is the only nomination.
- Election of Hon. Treasurer.
Dr R. W. Bray offers himself for re-election and is the only nomination.
- Election of Reporting Accountant.
- Changes to the Constitution.
Changes to the Constitution proposed by Council, together with a ballot paper, are published in the August edition of the Croquet Gazette. Both Individual Associates and Member Clubs may vote on them by post or at the meeting. Individual Associates may alternatively vote electronically. Votes before the meeting must be received by the CA Office no later than 6th October.
- Election of Council Members.
The following member of Council retires by rotation and seeks re-election under clause 18 (a)(i): Prof. A Pidcock. In addition, Mr P. J. Death, Mr. M. R. French and Mr. I. G. Lines have been proposed by Mr. B. A. Keen and second by Mr. N. R. Graves, so there are 4 candidates for 4 vacancies and an election is not required.
- Benefactors' Book.
The names of benefactors will be read.
- Presentation of Trophies for the Most Improved Players.
- Presentation of coach of the year award to David Nicholson
- Presentation of Council Medals
The Council Medal is to be presented to Professor Bernard Neal and Dr. Ian Plummer.
- Presentation of Croquet Association Diplomas.
- Any Other Business.
- President's Closing Remarks.
Dr IG Vincent