Vacancy for WCF Secretary General
The Secretary General post of the WCF has become vacant. Applicants should apply to the WCF directly by 4 November.
This post involves an average of 10-12 hours of work each week, but will vary from week to week. The successful applicant must demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to work within, the WCF Regulations and Statutes. Applicants should have excellent interpersonal and written skills, be computer literate and also be a good self-sufficient manager able to work with limited supervision. The Secretary General reports directly to the President. Key tasks include;
a. Preparation and circulation of documentation in relation to Council Meetings.
b. In liaison with the Management Committee (MC), continued improvement and maintenance of WCF Regulations and Statutes.
c. Coordination and organisation of all WCF MC discussions.
d. Correspondence and liaison with National Associations.
e. An understanding of equal opportunity principles and policies, and a
commitment to their application.
f. Responsibility for the WCF web site.
The following would be advantageous;
1. Previous service on one of croquet's National governing bodies.
2. Previous service on a WCF Committee.
3. Experience of website tasks.
4. Experience of issues involved in bidding for and organising a World Championship.
5. Experience with croquet facilities around the world.
6. Existing links with various croquet-playing countries.
7. A good record of previous involvement within croquet.
8. To be easily contactable by the President.
Web site management tasks include;
- Maintain currency and accuracy of links.
- Adhere to best practice security and privacy standards.
- Ensure that web pages meet basic HTML standards including meta-data.
- Act as the contact point for web site member enquiries and suggestions.
Under general direction from, and with approval of, the Management Committee:
- Design, review and enhance layout of the site.
- Suggest and prepare additional information content.
- Coordinate authorisation for changes to pages.
- On behalf of the MC liaise with the service provider.
The position attracts an honorarium of £3000 per annum.