Requirements for qualification tournaments for the Ascot Cup (English National GC Singles Championship)
Organisers of tournaments that are qualification rounds for the Ascot Cup are reminded that these should be run in accordance with CA Tournament Regulations. Specific attention is drawn to Regulation F2(a).1(b) - Seeding of Blocks and to Regulation F2(c) - Determination of Block Placings.
As agreed by the Golf Croquet Tournament Committee, events are also expected to comply with the following additional provisions:
- The format of the event should be determined and notified to players prior to the commencement of play. The format should be capable of being completed within the time available taking account of the number of entries and the playing conditions (subject to unforeseen conditions, e.g. adverse weather).
- Each round of the knockout stage shall consist of best of three (or five) games of 13 (or 19) points.
- The seeding order for block allocation shall be based on the latest available rankings (NOT handicaps).
- The manager shall send the results to the CA Office (results#croquet.org.uk) within 48 hours (preferably in an electronic format). This shall include the results of every game played.
- The manager shall send a Match Report to the CA Office (news#croquet.org.uk) within 7 days.
Events which do not comply with these conditions are unlikely to be allowed to retain Ascot Cup qualification status in subsequent years.
English National GC Singles Championship