[<<] [>>] by Dave Kibble
5th October 2001
(CA Official News)
The Croquet Association AGM Agenda
The Annual General Meeting of the Croquet Association Will be Held at the Hurlingham Club on Saturday 13 October 2001 Commencing at 11:00 am
Coffee Will be Served Beforehand From 10:15 am
- Minutes of the previous meeting held on Saturday 14 October 2000. These were published in The Croquet Gazette no. 271, (January 2001). Copies will be available at the meeting and will be sent to Home Members on written request to the Secretary.
- Chairman's Report.
- Accounts for the year to 31 December 2000 and Treasurer's Report. These accounts and a brief commentary were published in The Croquet Gazette, no. 273, (May2001). Copies will be available at the meeting and a more comprehensive report will be sent to Home Members on written request to the Secretary.
- Election of Treasurer. Dr RW Bray offers himself for re-election.
- Election of Reporting Accountant.
- Election of Council Members. The following five members retire under Rule 18 (a)(i): Messrs AG Fathers, DK Openshaw, Prof. A Pidcock and Dr IG Vincent by rotation. Mr J Isaacs, who had been chosen to fill a casual vacancy on Council under Rule 24(a). Two further vacancies arise from the resignations of Messrs DL Gaunt and PWP Campion. All retiring members seek re-election under Rule 18(a)(i).
There have been no other nominations. Consequently there are five candidates for the seven vacancies on Council and an election will not be necessary.
- MOTIONS OF THE COUNCIL
Motion 1. That the Rules of the Croquet Association be amended to establish formal Disciplinary and Appeals Procedures.
Motion 2. That Rule 11(a)(ii) be amended.
Motion 3. That in order to permit the use of electronic mail by the Association the Rules of the Croquet Association be amended.
Motion 4. That Rule 28 of the Croquet Association be amended.
Motion 5. That Rule 27 of the Croquet Association be amended.
The full text of all additions and amendments to the Rules is shown on the voting paper accompanying this Agenda.
Motion 6. That SN Mulliner be elected a Vice-President of the Association.
- Benefactors' Book. The names of the Benefactors will be read.
- Presentation of the Apps and Steel Memorial Bowls.
- Presentation of Croquet Association Diplomas.
- Any other business.
- President's Closing Address.
1 July 2001