English National GC Singles Championship (Ascot Cup) - change to the qualifying criteria for the 2020 Final
In light of the cancellation of 5 of the 8 tournaments (see below) in the English National GC Singles Championship (Ascot Cup), the GC Tournaments Committee has reviewed the qualifying and selection criteria for the 16 places available at the ENSC Final at Southport on 19-20 September. The Committee has made the following decisions:
- In accordance with the published criteria, all finalists and losing semi-finalists of the three tournaments that were held will qualify for the Final if they make themselves available.
- In a change to the published criteria, the remaining places (likely to be 8-10) will now be allocated based on ranking grade at midnight on Monday 17th August (to take account of the GC Opens results). Players do not need to have played in an ENSC tournament to qualify for the Final; any player may make themselves available.
Any player who wishes to be considered for the ENSC Final at Southport 19-20 September must declare their availability online by midnight on the Availability Closing Date (14 August) or send the form in the Fixtures Book to the CA Office so that it is received by that date. The list of players obtaining places, together with reserves, will be published on the CA website on 18 August or very soon afterwards and certainly by the Selection Date (29 August).
ENSC tournaments that were cancelled:
- The Sidmouth GC Championship (25-26 Apr)
- The East Anglian GC Championship (Colchester) (9-10 May)
- The Cheltenham GC Championship (6-7 Jun)
- The Ramsgate Open GC Championship (13-14 Jun)
- The Hunstanton GC Championship (8-9 Aug)
ENSC tournaments that were held as scheduled:
- The National Forest GC Championship (Ashby) (27-28 Jun)
- The Nottingham GC Championship (11-12 Jul)
- The 21st Lancashire International Open GC Championship (Pendle & Craven) (18-19 Jul)