[<<] [>>] by Ian Vincent
4th December 2020
(CA Official News)
The Croquet Association wishes to appoint a National Safeguarding Officer who will have primary responsibility for managing and reporting concerns about the well-being of children and vulnerable adults, for putting into place procedures to safeguard them, and to support local safeguarding officers in clubs. This post is unpaid.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead on the implementation of the CA safeguarding policies and procedures, monitor their effectiveness and where necessary recommend improvements.
- Raise awareness of and promote the CA's safeguarding policies and procedures with Clubs, Federations and Academies.
- Liaise closely with the safe-guarding officers at Clubs, Federations and Academies to encourage good practice and appropriate training.
- Manage the CA system for obtaining DBS Enhanced Certificates and keep records of all CA members with enhanced DBS checks registered with the update service.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field of safeguarding and keep own knowledge and skills up-to-date
Challenge behaviour which breaches the policies or their procedures.
- Respond appropriately to incidents or concerns which relate to the safeguarding of a child or
- Act as the CA contact person on safeguarding and, where required, liaise with statutory
Experience and skills required:
- A personal belief in the importance of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults
- Experience of working with children or vulnerable adults either in a professional capacity or in a voluntary community or sporting role
- A sound knowledge of best practice in prevention as well as of legislation, government guidance and national framework for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults
- The personal skills to handle conflict or emotionally distressing matters and to work closely with those involved in such issues
- Good networking skills and the ability to influence a wide range of people
- Sound administrative skills
If you are interested in applying for this post more information is available from John Dawson, johngdawson45#hotmail.com and 07717 773508. Applications, including a CV, should be sent to the Hon. Secretary, ian.vincent#cantab.net, by 17 January 2021.