New ICT Committee members wanted
The Executive Board is seeking to strengthen its ICT committee by recruiting new members to it. The committee reports to and is guided by one of the Executive Board Directors (see the separate advertisement) and has the following responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining an ICT strategy.
- Technical arrangements for the processing, storage and publication of the CA's data in support of its objectives, with particular concern for conformance with data protection and other relevant legislation.
- Specification, implementation and/or approval of new software and systems and changes to existing ones.
- Specification and/or approval of computers and communication equipment for use on CA business.
- Sourcing of ICT services.
- Matters relating to the software technology of the website.
- Arrangements for support and training.
Apart from systems and networking support of the systems hosting the website and running in the CA Office, it needs to implement a number of the policies agreed in the Technology Review undertaken for the CA Council last year.
Applications, in the form of a CV with a covering letter, should be e-mailed to the Hon. Secretary, Ian Vincent, to whom informal enquiries can also be made. The deadline for receipt of applications is Friday, Feb 21st 2021.