CA AGM Agenda 7th October 2023
The agenda will be as follows:
1. Apologies for absence
2. Minutes of the previous meeting held on 15 October 2022 and matters arising: see here for a copy of those minutes.
3. Report from the Council (to be presented by Samir Patel, Chairman of the Council). A copy of the written report may be seen here.
4. Annual Report from the Executive Board (to be presented by Beatrice McGlen, Chairman of the Board) A copy of the written report may be seen here.
6. Report by the Honorary Secretary (John Reddish) A copy of the written report may be seen here.
7. The election of the Honorary Secretary (John Reddish)
8. The election of the Honorary Treasurer (Ian Burridge)
9. Appointment of the Independent Examiner. (David Boxell)
10. Motion (proposed by the Council)
that the Officers of the Association shall take all of the steps necessary:
(a) to ensure that all of the liabilities, obligations and powers of the Association have been accepted by Croquet England CIO;
(b) to transfer and pass all of the remaining assets of the Association to Croquet England CIO;
(c) to ensure all of the existing Individual Members of the Association will be accepted as Associates of Croquet England CIO on the same, or materially similar terms, save as to voting rights; and
(d) to ensure that all of the Associates of Croquet England will to be invited to apply to become Members of Croquet England to acquire the right to vote; and
(e) to ensure that all of the existing Member Clubs and Member Federations of the Association will be registered as Affiliate Clubs and Affiliate Federations of Croquet England CIO upon the same terms.
11. Motion (proposed by the Council)
that the Association called and known as "The Croquet Association" shall be dissolved after all of the actions set out in sub-paragraphs (a) to (e) of the motion numbered 10 above have been completed to the satisfaction of the Executive Officers of the Association and they consider it prudent to do so.
12. Motion (proposed by the Council)
that, pending the dissolution of the Association, these four Executive Officers of the Association shall be at liberty to suspend the operation of the parts of the Constitution of the Association dealing with:
the admission and resignation of` Member Clubs and Member Federations (Clauses 6 and 7);
Governance (Clause 12);
the holding of General Meetings of the Association. (Clauses 13, 15 and 16);
the submission of Reports and Statements of Accounts (Clause 14);
the election of Members of the Council (Clauses 18 and 24);
the election of the President and Vice-Presidents (Clause 17) and
the election of the Honorary Secretary and Honorary Treasurer and the Appointment of an Independent Examiner (Clause 20).
(Explanatory notes to these motions may be seen here)
13. Announcement of the Club Awards for 2023
Millennium Award: Bury CC
Townsend Award: Glamorgan CC
14. Awards of CA Diplomas
15. Any other business
16. President's closing remarks (Patricia Duke-Cox).