The Croquet Association
The Croquet Association (CA) is the national governing body for the sport of Croquet in England.
Welcome to Croquet!
What is croquet all about - and why should you give it a try?
Croquet: six hoops, four balls, two mallets and a patch of grass.
Sounds easy enough.
Croquet is a game of skill and strategy, angles, tactics, guile. A bit like snooker on grass. Will your balls get through the hoops and peg out before your opponent's?
Croquet offers sport, friendships, fun, competition and a whole lot more.
To see what we mean, please watch the adjacent short film. With over 200 clubs nationwide to choose from, look up your nearest club to find out more about the outdoor sport that keeps you physically and mentally fit, providing a competitive yet sociable environment.
April8-9: The Academy Coach Qualification Course (CQC) (Grades 1 & 2, GC & AC) (Course)
10: Northern Academy How to Make Twelve Hoops in One Go (Course)
11: Northern Academy It's Not All About Breaks (Course)
10-11: Cheltenham Easter Handicap (AC) Tournament (AC)
10-11: Surbiton Easter Handicap (AC) (AC)
10-13: Pendle John Beech Memorial Easter Tournament (AC)
12-13: Cheltenham Easter Advanced (AC) Tournament (AC)
12-13: Surbiton Easter Open (AC) Tournament (AC)
15: The Academy AC Developing the Advanced Game (Course)
18-19: Wycombe AC - Development Course in Advanced Play (ACDEVAP) (Course)
18: Northern Academy It's All in the Head - Getting Into the Right Mindset (Course)
19: Northern Academy Back to Basics (Course)
18-19: Cheltenham Golf Croquet A-Level Tournament (GC)
18-19: Sussex County Advanced (AC) Tournament (AC)
21: Wycombe GC - Five Plus Course (GC5PLUS) (Course)
Latest Croquet News
- Coronavirus - Latest Information and Advice
- Coronavirus - Sport England Emergency Fund & Lawn Management
- The Coronavirus Lockdown - CA tips to keep in touch
- Emergency Assistance for Full Member Clubs in Financial Difficulty
- What the CA has been doing about Coronavirus
- New Schedule for AC and GC Inter-Club Competitions
- Tournament Entry Fee Donation Scheme
- Coronavirus - CA Office & Shop
- Call for National Junior Program Participants
- 2020 Fixtures Book
- Beyond Expert Croquet Tactics - New Book
- 31st Mar: Report of March Council Meeting
- 20th Mar: CA Emergency Assistance to Full Member Clubs in Financial Difficulty
- 17th Mar: GC players can now win a CA Silver Medal; AC players also affected by changes
- 13th Mar: Draw (AC - Longman Cup)
- 13th Mar: Draw (GC - Inter-Club)
- 13th Mar: Draw (GC - Inter-Club Shield)
- 12th Mar: Draw (AC - Inter-Club)
- 5th Mar: 2020 Women's Association Croquet World Championship (AC)