Coach of the Year and Lifetime Coaching Award Process
The Coach of the Year and the Lifetime Coaching Award are prestigious awards that are made to CA Graded Coaches who have shown a significant and above normal contribution to coaching. Guidance criteria include:
- Has shown dedication, innovation and enthusiasm in expanding knowledge and skills of the game.
- Carries an endorsement from Federation Officials, National/International players, or club committees.
- Has a significant length of service as a coach.
- Has made a particular contribution within the relevant playing season.
- Is recognised as helping individual players, a group of players or a team achieve significant success.
- Has led a successful reorganisation or development of coaching that has reached a number of players.
- Has dedicated significant time and expertise to producing a widely-used CA coaching asset, such as a manual or technique.
The Lifetime Coaching Award is awarded only once to anyone, whereas Coach of the Year may be awarded again after at least five years have passed.
The Lifetime Coaching Award encompasses additionally:
- A sustained contribution over a number of years.
- The candidate is widely recognised as having made a significant contribution to coaching in the domain throughout that time.
These criteria are for guidance and the candidate would not necessarily have to fulfil all of them.
- The Coaching Committee reminds all of the awards and processes towards the end of the playing season via the Gazette and Newsletter.
- The Coaching Committee contacts clubs and Federations towards the end of the playing season for nominations..
- Nominations close at the end of October.
- The best candidate for each award is decided in November. The Management Committee is approached for their support for the proposed winners.
- The awards are announced as soon as practicable after then, in outline in the Newsletter and in greater depth in the Gazette.
- The awards are presented at a suitable occasion, the latest being the following year's CA AGM.