The Croquet Association
The Croquet Association (CA) is the national governing body for the sport of Croquet (including both Association Croquet and Golf Croquet) in England, and is responsible for promoting and regulating the game in that area.
In conjunction with the regional Federations and its Member Clubs, it supports croquet at all levels, from games played in the garden and local play at clubs, through to regional and national tournaments and international matches. It runs an online shop, from its headquarters in Cheltenham, where both its members and the public can purchase books and equipment, with the benefit of advice if needed.
The CA is a not for profit organisation1, funded through club and tournament levies, individual subscriptions, and donations; most of its accomplishments are through voluntary effort. It works in aspects of the game that need national coordination, in particular it:
- Governs the sport
- Develops and implements Schemes, Plans and Policies
- Leads playing infrastructure development
- Provides grants, loans and other practical assistance for new and developing clubs
- Holds a block insurance policy that covers all full member clubs for Public Liability and Professional Indemnity
- Publishes information to assist players, coaches, managers, groundsmen, etc., with croquet-related activities
- Publicises the game
- Maintains the Laws and Rules
- Operates a national handicap and ranking system
- Develops and controls a national coaching system
- Fosters and coordinates competition
- Selects and supports national representative teams
- Selects and assists players representing the CA at home and abroad
- Recognises contribution and achievement
- Presents awards and medals to individuals and clubs
The Constitution defines the Croquet Association and the Structure of the CA describes how the CA organises itself. Current Officers & Committee details lists committee members and links to the meetings schedule and meeting minutes and papers.
- Survey of Croquet Players
- Join the CA
- CA contact information
- Lawn and equipment hire fees
- Growth and Recruitment in the CA - strategy recommendations
- Corporate Events and Corporate Entertaining
- Advertising in The Croquet Gazette or elsewhere
- Posts being recruited
If you cannot find the information you want about the sport of croquet on this web site, our Office staff have many free leaflets and publications, which they will be pleased to send you, so please get in touch.
1Legally, the CA is an unincorporated association.