Information for Clubs
The CA runs a series of excellent communications webinars, which are available to Members.
- Croquet Matters: club development framework
- Forming a Club
- Townsend, Apps Heley, and Millennium Club Awards
Grants and Loans
For CA application forms, see the downloads section.
- Download a model constitution suitable for Clubs or Federations affiliated to Croquet England. This model is compliant with the HMRC requirements for being a Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC).
- Download a model constitution for clubs seeking to register with the Charity Commission as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO). This draft has been prepared using the Charity Commission's model constitution and incorporates the amendments required by the Commission for constitutions submitted previously by croquet clubs.
- The CA holds an insurance policy that offers insurance cover to CA Full Member Clubs.
- Fire Safety: The Law requires clubs to carry out a fire risk assessment.
- Advice on Data Protection.
- Policy and Advice on Safeguarding
Advice on Recruitment and Retention of Club Members
- Association Croquet Regeneration Working Party report and recommended action for clubs.
- Target Croquet
- Growth and Recruitment in the CA - strategy recommendations
- Articles to help you with recruiting members
- Sharing lawns with other users
- Creating and using a Facebook presence
- Croquet Lawns: Their Construction, Maintenance and Development - a booklet by Jeff Perris, retired Director of Consultancy Services at The Sports Turf Research Institute, Bingley.
- Laser Levelling
- Measuring Lawn Speed
Resources for Clubs
- Communications Training Resource to help with publicising your club
- The CA office will supply these A4 size posters in printed form to clubs on request. Each of the posters is also available here for download, either in PDF or JPG format. You are free to download and print the posters - just add your club details in the white space (electronically or by hand).
- Two-page factsheet Croquet Explained (PDF 78kb), by Mark Homan & John Bevington
- Pegging down sheet (MS-DOC), or Pegging down sheet (PDF)
- The CA organises coaching courses.