Golf Croquet is a game with a long history and a recent resurgence of interest at all levels. Compared with Association Croquet it has simpler rules and is more interactive (each turn is just a single stroke), but it requires a similar level of accuracy and tactical awareness. For croquet-related games you can play in your garden, see the Garden Croquet section.
Golf Croquet players follow a course contesting each hoop in turn; as soon as one hoop is scored all players move on to contest the next - a simple idea that leads to rich tactical thinking.
For more detailed information about Golf Croquet, please explore this section.
Golf Croquet tournaments are listed in the tournaments section of the site.
How to Play
- The synopsis gives an overview of the game,
- the Basic Rules of Golf Croquet are all you need to get started in a club, and
- for full tournament play The Rules of Golf Croquet are definitive.
- For one-day tournaments, 10-10 Golf Croquet has been developed.
Golf Croquet Terms/Jargon lets you catch-up on the lingo and terms used in match reports.
Latest Golf Croquet News and Results
- 20th May: GC Open Championships re-scheduled - now 13-16 August (GC - Championships)
- 13th May: Ashby beat Hunstanton w/o (GC - Inter-Club)
- 13th May: Newport beat Hunstanton W/O (GC - Inter-Club Shield)
- 4th May: GC Open Championships 16-21 June - allocation date postponed to 19 May (GC - Championships)
- 13th Mar: Draw (GC - Inter-Club)
- 13th Mar: Draw (GC - Inter-Club Shield)