Golf Croquet is a game with a long history but in which has there has been a recent resurgence of interest at all levels. Compared with Association Croquet it has simpler rules and is more interactive (each turn is just a single stroke), but it requires a similar level of accuracy and tactical awareness. For games you can play in your garden, see the Garden Croquet section.
The players follow a course contesting each hoop in turn; as soon as one hoop is scored all players move on to contest the next - a simple idea that leads to rich tactical thinking.
For more detailed information about Golf Croquet, please explore this section.
Golf Croquet tournaments are listed in the tournaments section of the site.
How to Play
- The synopsis gives an overview of the game,
- the Basic Rules of Golf Croquet are all you need to get started in a club, and
- for full tournament play the The Rules of Golf Croquet are definitive.
- For one-day tournaments, 10-10 Golf Croquet has been developed.
Golf Croquet Terms/Jargon lets you catch-up on the lingo and terms used in match reports.
Latest Golf Croquet News and Results
- 27th Sep: Keith Pound won the GC B-Level Tournanment at Phyllis Court (12 Aug 2017) (Golf Croquet)
- 25th Sep: Richard Carline won the GC A/B-Level One-Day Tournament (Golf Croquet)
- 24th Sep: Ashby beat Letchworth at Peterborough to win the 2017 GC Inter-Club Championship 4-3 (23 Sep 2017) (Golf Croquet Inter-Club)
- 22nd Sep: David Barnicoat won the All England GC Handicap Final (Golf Croquet)
- 21st Sep: Expansion of GC Inter-Counties Event