WCF Management Committee Election Results
On 31st December 2007 three members of the World Croquet Federation (WCF) Management Committee will retire by rotation. These are:
- Rhys Thomas (USA)
- Charles Jones (New Zealand)
- Kevin Garrad (Isle of Man)
All have sought re-election.
Throughout October and November and into December 2007, a ballot of WCF FULL Members has taken place.
Following scrutiny of the votes cast, the Scrutineers, Chris Williams (Wales) and Leopold Walderdorff (Austria) have confirmed the result of the voting as follows:
- Rhys Thomas (USA) 14 votes
- Keith Aiton (Scotland) 13 votes
- Charles Jones (New Zealand) 12 votes
- Gordon Smith (New Zealand) 10 votes
- Kevin Garrad (Isle of Man) 5 votes
Accordingly, Thomas, Aiton and Jones are hereby elected to serve on the WCF Management Committee to commence 1st January 2008 until 31st December 2011.
WCF would like to thank Kevin Garrad for his service to the Committee. He will continue to play a major role in the development of the sport in Europe in his position as Secretary-General of the Federation Europeenne de Croquet (FEC), an independent but partner organisation of the WCF.
The next election for the WCF Management Committee will take place in October/November 2009. In addition, the President of the WCF will also be elected. The current President of the WCF, David Openshaw, will retire having served his two terms allowed under the WCF Statutes.
From the 1st January 2008 the WCF Management Committee will be:
- David Openshaw (President) (England) until 2009
- Keith Aiton (Scotland) until 2011
- Carole Jackson (South Africa) until 2009
- Charles Jones (New Zealand) until 2011
- Max Murray (Australia) until 2009
- Amir Ramsis Naguib (Egypt) until 2009
- Rhys Thomas (USA) until 2011
- Andrew Hope (Scotland) (Treasurer) (appointed)
- Brian Storey (England) (Secretary-General) (appointed)
World Croquet Federation