New WCF Secretary General Required
World Croquet Federation is seeking to appoint a new Secretary-General to start work from 1st September 2013 - or ideally a little before to allow a period of hand-over from the current S-G.
The role attracts an annual honorarium (£3,500 plus £300 per event) and has a 4 year term. Its scope is summarised in the following, extracted from the WCF Admin Regulations:
1. To manage the activities of the MC according to the Statutes and Administration Regulations
2. To manage the MC email process for discussing and agreeing proposals and actions
3. To assist Council by operating the email decision-making process for discussing and voting on proposals and motions, preparing and circulating proposals as necessary
4. To communicate the activities of the MC to Council, and alert Council promptly to contentious or novel issues
5. To manage Consultations with Members through Council
6. To receive ideas and proposals and ensure they are appropriately handled
7. To communicate the activities of the WCF to Members and the wider croquet-playing public through channels such as regular Newsletters, the WCF website, etc.
8. To support Council and the President in the preparation for, and holding of, Council Meetings; to record the Minutes of these meetings
9. To manage the WCF website, directing the WCF webmaster.
In the past three years, the majority of the WCF's processes and rules have been reformed and streamlined. The reformed processes and rules have not yet been fully implemented; the new S-G will have the opportunity to complete this implementation as best fits the perceived way ahead. It is hoped that once this is complete, the role will require less time than previously, but the candidate should expect the role to take something around 15-20 hours per week.
The primary skills required include:
? Excellent communication skills, by email, voice, and web media - and a passion to communicate what the WCF does to the Member associations, players and others
? An awareness of, and sensitivity to, the cultural and organisation differences of the various Member associations around the world
? Leadership, organisation and management of distributed activities within a volunteer community
? Ability to work within a framework of rules defined in the WCF Statutes and Regulations.
The candidate may be in any part of the world, as the MC operates primarily by email and Skype. Candidates should apply to the President, Amir Ramsis (aviamass#link.net) and can discuss the role in more detail with the current S-G, Martin French(martin.french#btinternet.com) or any member of the Management Committee.