The Tournament Regulations for 2018 have been published
The CA Tournament Regulations for 2018 have been published.
Some of the most important changes are:
- Breach of any CA Policy (in addition to a breach of CA Tournament Regulations) can lead to in-tournament sanction, and should be reported to the CA for investigation and possible disciplinary action. This includes the new Equality Policy.
- A number of laws variations have been introduced, including the option for Alternate Stroke Doubles Play, and regularisation of the use of half-size courts for Short Croquet. A new One-Ball Handicap System has been introduced, but the trial AC Doubles handicap system has been discontinued.
- A trial to permit the use of video evidence that may exist to assist referees has been introduced for the 2018 season.
- Clarification that the Organising Body, and Tournament Director when appointed, is responsible for post-tournament activity, such as submitting a tournament report. There should be no assumption that this can all be left to the manager.
- Standard time limits for AC games now includes additional variations, such as for 18 point games. The distinction between midweek and weekend events has been removed, but there are different standard limits for handicap and level play.
The full regulations and a complete list of changes can be found on the CA website at croquet.org.uk/?p=tournament/regulations
The CA Tournament Committees welcome ideas for further regulation improvements at any time. The new appendix that provides an example of the block tie break criteria is an example of an addition directly arising from queries from players.