Croquet Association Treasurer vacancy - extended deadline
This post was advertised on the website on 24 October, and in the November Gazette. Since some people received their Gazettes later than expected, it has been decided to extend the deadline for applications to 14 December 2019.
For convenience, the information is repeated below:
Peter Death announced at the 2019 AGM that he intended to step down for health reasons no later than the 2020 AGM. We are seeking a successor for him The post is honorary but there is an honorarium.
The Honorary Treasurer is responsible to the Association through Council for providing:
- independent leadership and guidance in financial matters,
- encouraging the highest standards of integrity, effectiveness and openness, and
- ensuring the CA's regulatory compliance.
- Manage the CA's financial assets and systems and keep records of its financial activities.
- Monitor the financial activities of, and audit the financial reports produced by, the CA Office.
- Process a limited range of transactions such as salaries, staff pension payments and HM Revenue & Customs returns and payments.
- Prepare and present regular management accounts and reports including budgets.
- Draft financial statements and prepare records for annual independent examination.
- Advise on a broad range of financial matters including systems, salaries, investments, insurance and subscriptions.
The following attributes are desirable:
- An innovative and proactive team worker, preferably with experience of financial management.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to work to statutory deadlines and to a high standard.
- Education to degree level or equivalent, with competency in computer literacy, including a working knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts or similar software, Microsoft Word and Excel.
For further information please contact Peter Death on 01827 251738 or at peter.j.death#gmail.com. Interested candidates should forward a CV and a letter detailing their suitability for the role, by 14th December 2019, to Jonathan Isaacs at jonathanisaacs#btinternet.com, copied to Ian Vincent at ian.vincent#cantab.net.