Fun Games on a Croquet Lawn
Running a corporate event? Hosting a school/youth group? Short on time?
Here are a few shorter games that you might like to try. Many of these help to develop key croquet skills - touch, shooting and power. Others are just for fun!
- Pirates - Go through a hoop to score a point; hit another player's ball to steal their points! Any number of people, with any capability, can play this fast, fun game. Perfect for groups and children.
- Five Hoop Croquet - A shortened game of GC (first to 3 points), with a clean and simplified lawn graphics, taking up minimum lawn space due to 5 hoops only. Perfect for corporate events or small group pay/play sessions.
- Two-Ball Match-Play - Two-ball Association Croquet (aka One-Ball), but with match-play scoring. It gets newcomers playing on the court with little-to-no instruction, and takes up minimal lawn space compared to AC, GC or One-Ball. Perfect for corporate events (as part of a mini-tournament).
- Croquet Bowls - Use your mallet to play bowls - saves on bending down! Perfect as a warm-up drill.
- Croquet Marbles - Clear the balls out of the central zone before your opponent! Perfect as a team shootout.
- Racing Croquet - Get round the course as quickly as you can! Head-to-head or against the clock. Perfect for killing spare energy - especially using the time trial version.
- Target Croquet - A penalty shootout, for croquet strokes! Great for improving the accuracy of your croquet stroke. Perfect for pair practice drills or short challenges.
How did you find these? Do you have any suggestions you'd like to contribute? Contact the Marketing Committee.