Marketing Committee Home Page
This page gives reference to the Marketing Committee's information, including its policies, web pages and other resources on the CA website.
Current Work in Progress
CA Strategy and Policy
- Council Standing Orders and Practice Book (defines the committee's bailiwick)
- CA Strategic Aims linked from The CA Constitution - note that "The CA will:
- Promote the game of croquet to non players of all ages
- Develop marketing packages to support the growth of croquet from club start-ups through to major international events
- Use major competitions to raise the profile of croquet both nationally and locally through Federations and member clubs
- Continue to run the shop with the dual aim of providing a service to its members and raising revenue for the benefit of croquet.
- Develop and maintain a PR strategy aimed at attracting non players to croquet.
- Support growth and encourage competitive play
- Growth and Recruitment in the CA (Strategy) - note the Recommendations (for Marketing):
- The introduction, by the federations, of more local competitions, for both AC and GC players, designed to encourage players who have previously not tried external competitions.
- Especially support recruitment of the type of croquet player who is more likely to be competitive.
- Croquet is essentially a competitive sport and the CA should concentrate on promoting competition. This might include greater selectivity in respect of clubs which are to receive enhanced support from the CA,
- The CA should take a lead in formulating a Growth and Recruitment Strategy, which will not only deliver increased numbers of players but also the 'right kind of player'.
- In particular, the CA Development Committee should formulate a plan to introduce croquet into more universities, possibly working with university authorities to form new clubs which are also available to the communities local to them.
- The CA (through PR, literature, etc.) needs to emphasise the intellectual challenge of croquet.
- The CA is keen to spread existing good practices that encourage competitive play in clubs.
- Association Croquet Regeneration
- Committee meeting papers, minutes, etc.
- Members email list
- In the Downloads section:
- In the Clubs Info. section:
Committee's Web Pages
These are the web pages labelled as belonging to the committee:2017 'The Croquet Association'
2018 '10 Things You Might Not Know About the Croquet Association'
2017 'Corporate Entertainment'
2010 'Sponsorship Opportunities'
2017 'Corporate Entertainment'
2019 'National Croquet Day (NCD)'
2019 'National Croquet Day (NCD) - A National Drive to Help Your Club'
2010 'Sponsorship Opportunities'
2018 'Croquet Player Surveys'
2002 'Members Survey (2002)'
2002 'Healthy, Wealthy and Wise: Report on the 2002 Survey of Croquet Players'
2002 'Summary of the 2002 Survey of Croquet Players'
2007 'Members Survey (2007)'
2012 'Some Ominous Trends: The 2012 CA Survey of Croquet Players'
2018 'The 2017 CA Survey of Croquet Players'
2017 'The Croquet Association Shop - All You Need for Croquet'
2019 'Croquet Clubs'
2017 'Club Guide to the Croquet Association'
2019 'Club CA Membership'
2018 'Club Details'
2016 'Association Croquet Regeneration'
2016 'Example Draft Press Releases'
2016 'General Press Release #1: 'Croquet - A Game Anyone Can Play''
2018 'General Press Release #2: Croquet - A Sport with That Competitive Edge'
2016 'General Press Release #3: We Invite the Public to Come and Try 'the Croquet Experience''
2002 'Lawn Speed Definition'
2010 'National Lottery Grants'
2010 'Forming a Club'
2006 'Club Member Recruitment'
2006 'Adult Education'
2006 'Building a Successful Croquet Club'
2006 'How Much is a New Member Worth?'
2006 'Organising a Recruitment Campaign'
2006 'Planning for Recruitment and Retention'
2006 'Croquet Publicity'
2006 'Useful Contacts for Recruitment'
2006 'Recruiting for Croquet'
2006 'Aiming at the Right Target'
2006 'Reasons for Playing Croquet'
2017 'Sharing Common Ground: Croquet and Bowls in Harmony?'
2000 'Target Croquet'
2000 'Playing Croquet'
2017 'Croquet in the Garden'
2007 'Joining a Club'
2016 'Your Questions Answered'
2019 'Garden Croquet Rules'
2008 'Garden Golf Croquet Rules'
2016 'The Official Rules of Garden Croquet'
2017 'What You Need'
2016 'Marketing Committee Home Page'
----- 'Marketing Committee Active Themes'
2016 'Journalists' Resource Area'
2016 'Major Events'
2007 'Key Technical Jargon'
2019 'Player Rankings'
2016 'Technical Papers, Advice and Articles'
2012 'An Introduction to Croquet'
2006 'Late Arrivals at the Croquet Ball'
2019 'Your First Tournament'
These are the web documents labelled as belonging to the committee:
|Marketing Web Document - Public 2017-04-30||Marketing-WebDocument-Public-...||/?d=1804||2017-04-3030 Apr 2017|
|Marketing Web Document - Public 2017-04-30||Marketing-WebDocument-Public-...||/?d=1805||2017-04-3030 Apr 2017|
|Marketing Web Document - Public 2017-04-30||Marketing-WebDocument-Public-...||/?d=1806||2017-04-3030 Apr 2017|
|2017 Survey||2017Survey||/?d=2048||2018-04-2424 Apr 2018|
|2017 Survey Summary||2017SurveySummary||/?d=2047||2018-04-2424 Apr 2018|
|2018 NCD Leaflet||2018NCDLeaflet||/?d=2007||2018-02-2828 Feb 2018|
|2018 NCD Social Poster||2018NCDSocialPoster||/?d=2005||2018-02-2828 Feb 2018|
|2018 NCD Sport Poster||2018NCDSportPoster||/?d=2006||2018-02-2828 Feb 2018|
|CA Logo: Black Low Resolution (300x300) GIF||ca-logo-black-low||/?d=302||2010-11-0101 Nov 2010|
|CA Logo: Black Outline, High Resolution GIF||ca-logo-black-high||/?d=291||2010-11-0101 Nov 2010|
|CA Logo: Black text,||ca-logo-bw||/?d=301||2010-11-0101 Nov 2010|
|CA Logo: Green High Resolution GIF (100 kb),||ca-logo-green-high||/?d=304||2010-11-0101 Nov 2010|
|CA Logo: Green Low Resolution (300x300) GIF||ca-logo-green-low||/?d=303||2010-11-0101 Nov 2010|
|CA Logo: Green text-R2||ca-logo-green||/?d=300||2010-11-0101 Nov 2010|
|CA Logo: MAC EPS (1.3 MB)||ca-logo-mac||/?d=306||2010-11-0101 Nov 2010|
|CA Logo: PC EPS (200kb)||ca-logo-pc||/?d=305||2010-11-0101 Nov 2010|
|Club Poster (A game for all ages) JPG 381x539 (205kB)||poster_croquet2||/?d=308||2010-11-0101 Nov 2010|
|Club Poster (A game for all ages) PDF A4 (228kB).||poster_croquet2||/?d=309||2010-11-0101 Nov 2010|
|Club Poster (Anyone for Croquet?) JPG 381x539 (240kB)||poster_croquet1||/?d=310||2010-11-0101 Nov 2010|
|Club Poster (Anyone for Croquet?) PDF A4 (227kB).||poster_croquet1||/?d=311||2010-11-0101 Nov 2010|
|Croquet Explained (a two-page factsheet) MASTER||CroquetExplained||/?d=338||2010-11-2727 Nov 2010|
|Croquet Explained (PDF 78kb) (a two-page factsheet)||CroquetExplained||/?d=307||2010-11-0101 Nov 2010|
|National Croquet Day (NCD) - Club Poster||NationalCroquetDay(NCD)-ClubP...||/?d=1375||2016-01-2222 Jan 2016|
|National Croquet Day (NCD) - Public Poster||NationalCroquetDay(NCD)-Publi...||/?d=1376||2016-01-2222 Jan 2016|
|NCD 2019 A4 poster||NCD2019A4Poster||/?d=2326||2019-04-1919 Apr 2019|
|NCD 2019 Guidance Notes for Clubs||NCD2019GuidanceNotesForClubs||/?d=2327||2019-04-1919 Apr 2019|
|Survey of Croquet Players 2002||survey2002||/?d=384||2010-12-0101 Dec 2010|
|Survey of Croquet Players 2007||CASurveyReport-2007||/?d=386||2010-12-0101 Dec 2010|
|Survey of Croquet Players 2012-R2||SurveyOfCroquetPlayers2012-R2||/?d=662||2012-04-2323 Apr 2012|
|Survey of Croquet Players 2012: Summary-R2||SurveyOfCroquetPlayers2012-Su...||/?d=661||2012-04-2323 Apr 2012|
|Survey of Croquet Players: Contents and Summary 2007||CASurveyReportSummary-2007||/?d=385||2010-12-0101 Dec 2010|
|Two Ball Match Play Croquet||TwoBallMatchPlayCroquet||/?d=2325||2019-04-1919 Apr 2019|