Good club management underpins successful and vibrant sports clubs
Club management covers a number of important areas. These include:
- Making sure you have a Club Development Plan in place
- Considering if your Club Structure is appropriate for your club's needs now and in the future
- Thinking about whether forming Partnerships could help your club operate more successfully
- Checking you have the right Governance processes in place to help you to manage the club effectively
- Ensuring you have access to the Facilities you need to run your club
Do you recognise any of the following challenges that are commonly facing croquet clubs?
We don't really have a strategic focus at our club so it is hard to work towards short and longer term goals.
We want to commence a significant new project but are not confident that we are properly managing risk to protect our members and volunteers.
We're not sure if it is a good idea to become a Community Amateur Sports Club.
Running costs associated with our facilities are increasing rapidly and we are struggling to contain them.
If any or all of them do strike a chord with you then please either visit the Club Management section of Sport England's Club Matters tool (Sport England Club Matters) to see some ideas on how to address them or, preferably, contact your Federation Development Officer (Clubs and Federations) who would be delighted to support you by, for example, facilitating a focused workshop at your club to help you generate a set well defined and impactful actions.