hide menuhide menu CA Logo hide menuhide menu

Home > Games > Golf > Handicapping > Overseas
CA Logo

Overseas Opponents

When playing against overseas players (whether at home or abroad), provided they have a current CGS ranking, they may be assigned a New System handicap based on their CGS grade - see rule (d) of Changing to the New System. Games against them may then be recorded on your CA handicap card.

Regular overseas visitors to UK tournaments who do not have a current CGS grade may only be assigned a CA handicap by an authorised handicapper.

Playing Overseas

When a CA member with a New System handicap is playing overseas in a country with a GC handicap scale from 12 to 0, the following approximate conversions to other systems can be suggested:

  • Handicaps above 12 on the New System should play off 12
  • Handicaps from 12 to 3 on the New System are unchanged when playing overseas
  • Handicaps 2 and 1 on the New System should play off 2
  • Handicap 0 on the New System should play off 1
  • All minus handicaps on the New System should play off 0.

These conversions would also apply when an overseas player wants to record a game on their overseas handicap card against a CA member with a New System handicap.


HelpUsing this website.

For results, news, reports, corrections, updates, etc. see contact the CA. As an anti-spam measure when not logged-in, # replaces @ in email addresses - click on the link as usual to send an email.

The CA will not share your personal details with any other organisation and undertakes to keep them confidential as described in our Security, Privacy, and Cookie Policies and Information.