Latest Croquet News
Ian Burridge appointed as CA's Hon. Treasurer
Peter Death announced his intention to retire as the CA's Hon. Treasurer at the AGM last October, having served for five years. The Council has unanimously accepted the recommendation of its interviewing panel that Ian Burridge should be appointed to succeed him. A handover will start with immediate effect and Ian will officially take over after the March Council meeting.
WANTED - Office Administrator/Accounts - £17,000 (pro rata)
WANTED - Office Administrator/Accounts Assistantby Mark Suter [CA Manager] [^]
6th January (CA Official News)
Part-Time - 16 hours per week - Flexible
The Croquet Association has a vacancy for an Office Administrator/Accounts Assistant, as part of a small team based at its head office in Cheltenham. The Croquet Association is the governing body of the sport. In addition to providing services to members, it has an online shop which sells croquet equipment to its members and the public.
Main duties of the job:
- Dealing with customer and member enquiries - email, telephone and face to face
- Maintaining Members' Records
- Maintaining the tournament entry system
- Communicating with Suppliers, handling purchase invoices and ensuring these are paid in a timely manner
- Processing all incoming member payments - via BACS and cheque Processing refunds
- Processing refunds
- Reconciling both the office and shop accounts on a fortnightly basis Communicating regularly with the company Treasurer to help with any accounting queries or issues
- Communicating regularly with the company Treasurer to help with any accounting queries or issues
- IT and Administrative skills
- Basic accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Excellent Excel and Word skills
- Confidence and ease with learning new computing systems.
- Excellent Customer Service
- Must be able to work on own initiative
- Willing to work alone from time to time
- A good knowledge of Sage
- Experience working within an accounting environment
- AAT level 3, or an ability to work to this level
- Immediate start
The hours are flexible, 16 per week, with a salary of up to £17,000 (pro rata to a 37.5 Hr Week).
To apply please send your CV with a covering email to email@example.com.
For more information please see the Job Desciption
Closing date: Open until position filled.
Golf Croquet World Team Championship
Beyond Expert Croquet Tactics - New Book
Available to Buy Now - Limited Copies in Stockby Mark Suter [CA Manager] [^]
20th December 2019 (CA Official News)
Keith Wylie's book Expert Croquet Tactics has been the bible for aspiring champions since it was first published in 1985. Top level association croquet has changed a lot since then but no-one has dared to publish a book to update Wylie - until now.
Limited copies available, get your copy here.
It's a few years since the idea was mooted that a team of top-ranking players might author such a publication. Putting such a multi-author book together would have been a considerable challenge for any commercial publisher - and it certainly turned out to be just that for the CA, whose members had not produced anything like this before.
The book not only covers tactical developments in the game since Wylie (including refinements of triple peeling, sextuple peels, super-shot openings, pegged-out endgames, peeling the opponent, and super advanced tactics) but psychological aspects of self-development, match preparation and how to compete most effectively; along with sections on equipment, statistics and a history of top level play.
The book as a whole is designed to help players understand how best to develop their game, and to maximise their potential - including those who will reach the very top of world-class competition.
- Keith Aiton
- Reg Bamford
- Paddy Chapman
- Chris and Jenny Clarke
- Martin French
- Robert Fulford
- David Maugham
- Stephen Mulliner
- David Openshaw
- William Ormerod
- Samir Patel
- Pete Trimmer
- Chris Williams.
Welcome New Members
The Croquet Association extends a special welcome to our new members.
The welcome page tells you about logging into the members' area.