Latest Croquet News
Croquet Association Treasurer - Deadline for Applications Extended
Please see this news item for further details.
Croquet Association Treasurer vacancy - extended deadline
This post was advertised on the website on 24 October, and in the November Gazette. Since some people received their Gazettes later than expected, it has been decided to extend the deadline for applications to 14 December 2019.
For convenience, the information is repeated below:
Peter Death announced at the 2019 AGM that he intended to step down for health reasons no later than the 2020 AGM. We are seeking a successor for him The post is honorary but there is an honorarium.
The Honorary Treasurer is responsible to the Association through Council for providing:
- independent leadership and guidance in financial matters,
- encouraging the highest standards of integrity, effectiveness and openness, and
- ensuring the CA's regulatory compliance.
- Manage the CA's financial assets and systems and keep records of its financial activities.
- Monitor the financial activities of, and audit the financial reports produced by, the CA Office.
- Process a limited range of transactions such as salaries, staff pension payments and HM Revenue & Customs returns and payments.
- Prepare and present regular management accounts and reports including budgets.
- Draft financial statements and prepare records for annual independent examination.
- Advise on a broad range of financial matters including systems, salaries, investments, insurance and subscriptions.
The following attributes are desirable:
- An innovative and proactive team worker, preferably with experience of financial management.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to work to statutory deadlines and to a high standard.
- Education to degree level or equivalent, with competency in computer literacy, including a working knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts or similar software, Microsoft Word and Excel.
For further information please contact Peter Death on 01827 251738 or at peter.j.death#gmail.com. Interested candidates should forward a CV and a letter detailing their suitability for the role, by 14th December 2019, to Jonathan Isaacs at jonathanisaacs#btinternet.com, copied to Ian Vincent at ian.vincent#cantab.net.
Most Improved Players of 2019
The Croquet Association is pleased to announce the following awards for the most improved players of 2019.
The Apps Memorial Bowl for the most improved male AC player: Callum Johnson
The Steel Memorial Bowl for the most improved female AC player: Sophie McGlen
The Spiers Trophy for the most improved GC player: Steve Leonard
The CA continues to encourage clubs and Federations to monitor improving players, and nominate them for these awards.
C A Handicappers
The CA Handicap Committee is pleased to announce that the following have been appointed as CA Handicappers. Congratulations to them and thank you for taking on this important role.
CA Handicapper (AC)
CA Survey of Member Clubs 2019 - FAO all CA Member Clubs
The new CA Council is keen to record the 'State of the Croquet Nation' at club level, with regard to the number of players, club activity and other information that will enable Council to best formulate future policies for the welfare and growth of the sport.
Council and Marketing Committee have co-designed a survey of all CA member clubs to gather this information, which may become a regular survey in future. There is a small overlap with data collected in the Club Subscription Form by the CA Office; acquiring this information directly will aid us in our data analysis.
The survey contains 27 questions over 7 subsections and should take 20-30 minutes to complete. This includes opportunity to feedback your questions and comments to the CA.
The encouraged method of completing this survey is via the following online form (forms.gle/GXwQ9i6BqedEd59u8) those who prefer may complete the attached survey electronically or by hand. Contact cainfo#croquet.org.uk to request a PDF or Word copy.
We ask that each club completes the survey by Friday 13th December.
Your response to the survey will be used only for CA purposes and will not be provided directly to third parties. We expect to publish an anonymised summary of this survey in the New Year.
Frances Colman & Eugene Chang
On behalf of CA Council & Marketing Committee
CA Fixtures Book 2020 - pre-order now from the CA Shop
This year's fixtures calendar was the busiest in the history of the CA and over 90% of tournament entries were completed via the online entry system. Early next year, details of the 2020 fixtures will once again be published online.
In addition, it will be possible to review and/or print off a PDF copy of the Fixtures Book. A hard copy of the Fixtures Book will continue to be printed and will be sent to clubs free of charge. However, as an environmental and cost-saving measure, it will not be sent routinely to Individual Members.
Those who want a hard-copy can place a pre-order via the CA Shop at a cost of £5.00. Go to CAShop.org.uk, click the 'ADD TO CART' button and proceed to checkout.
Your Fixture Book will be delivered to your door as near to the 1st February as possible. The closing date for pre-orders is the 31st December 2019.
Welcome New Members
The Croquet Association extends a special welcome to our new Standard Members.
The welcome page tells you about logging into the members' area.