CA Logo
CA Logo

Overseas Opponents

When playing against overseas players (whether at home or abroad), provided they have a current CGS ranking, they may be assigned a New System handicap based on their CGS grade - see rule (d) of Changing to the New System. Games against them may then be recorded on your CA handicap card.

Regular overseas visitors to UK tournaments who do not have a current CGS grade may only be assigned a CA handicap by an authorised handicapper.

Playing Overseas

When a CA member with a New System handicap is playing overseas in a country with a GC handicap scale from 12 to 0, the following approximate conversions to other systems can be suggested:

These conversions would also apply when an overseas player wants to record a game on their overseas handicap card against a CA member with a New System handicap.